Author Topic: Trash Talking starts  (Read 1163 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Trash Talking starts
« on: April 22, 2005, 09:14:47 AM »
As wounded as we are, I still gotta believe in my team and give the Spurs the win in 5 - one win coming in denver.  This is much tougher with Karl - no doubt - but you cant say that because a team has just started to play defense it is better than a team that has had a defense philosophy for YEARS.  I think the Spurs will get it together and come to play come this sunday.  I dont think my team is the "team to beat" any longer now that we have had so many injuries, I think Miami is THE team to beat in the playoffs now, so hopefully we can keep our walking wounded on the court long enough to win us a title.

Lincicome: Follow this to letter to learn why Nuggets will advance
April 22, 2005

The Nuggets over the Spurs in seven.

What, you want reasons? I'll give you reasons. I'll give you reasons in alphabetical order.

Ankle. Tim Duncan's. The bad one.

Bench. The Nuggets'. The amusing one. Here comes one-name, one- move Nene. Look out for the miniature terror, Earl Boykins. Hey, by the way, stick figure DerMarr Johnson, how do you hold those socks up, with thumbtacks? The Spurs will be laughing too hard to play. Others have.

Center. As in Pepsi. Maybe it should be called Pepsi Alley. Pepsi Gulch. Something dangerous. Because it will be basketball's version of nails on a blackboard. Amplified. The Nuggets have lost one game under George Karl at the Pepsi Center. That won't happen again.

Defense. And if that's not enough. Dee-fense. Dee-fense.

Elbows. Marcus Camby's. In some places, a permit would be needed to carry them around. And if not his, Francisco Elson's, less-educated, more conscience-free.

First-round draft choices. Add it up. Like golf, low number wins. The Spurs have Duncan at No. 1 overall. But so do the Nuggets in Kenyon Martin. None of the other Spurs starters were drafted in the first 25. All the Nuggets' were in the first 10, Andre Miller the highest at No. 8.

George. That would be George Karl, King George, President George, Sir George, Duke George, Baron George, Pope George, Savior George, there is an exalted rank in there somewhere to signify his elevated status. Any is better than what he used to be, Out-of-Work George.

Horry. Yes, that Horry. Now a Spurs artifact. You can't have an NBA playoffs without Robert Horry, more games, more minutes than any other player in the postseason. Say good night, Robert.

Intelligence. The Nuggets have grown much smarter, with the ball, without the ball, ordering pizza minus the anchovies.

Jump shots. And rebounds. And steals. And breakaways. And screens. And free throws. All that basketball stuff.

K. Pick a K, the Nuggets are overrun with them. K-Mart. Karl, Kroenke. Kiki. BoyKins. BucKner. Karmelo. Sweet Karmelo, for this discussion, anyway.

Luck. Don't need it.

Momentum. The Nuggets have more of it than the Spurs. Sure, Denver lost two of the last three, but the Spurs lost three of the last four. Since the All-Star break, the Spurs are 18-11 and the Nuggets a league- best 25-4. The coincidence of all that big mo coinciding with Big Doug Moe getting a seat on the Nuggets bench is no coincidence.

Nettle and Annoy. Maybe just enough. The suggestion by Karl that the Nuggets can live with losing in the first round but that the Spurs won't be able to is the first move in the coach's mind game. He should know, Denver did it to him when Karl was in Seattle.

Overachievement. It isn't yet for the Nuggets. It already is for the Spurs.

Pick and roll. Or is it pick a roll? If it is, I'll take the brioche, with a little raspberry jam, please.

Quickness. The Nuggets have it. The Spurs recognize it from the back.

Replica jerseys. Go to any sporting goods store. Melo outsells Duncan 5-1.

Shoes. More like 10-1 with the shoes.

Turnaround. None greater, ever, than the Nuggets, from indifferent, unresponsive and bored to confident, bold and daring in about 21/2 months.

Unity. Karl's jacket and pants almost always match.

Visitors bench. Close, very close to some very dodgy Nuggets fans. I'm just saying.

Whoosh, there it goes. Home-court advantage lasts only as long as it can be held. One win and a whole season's advantage vanishes just like that.

X-rays. If you know how to read them, they say Camby's hamstring, Miller's back, Martin's knee and Eduardo Najera's hand will all work when needed.

Youth. Too much of it in blue and gold and not enough in silver and black.

Zone. Time. Not just Mountain Exhaustion Time, but Melo Come of Age Time. And about time. It's been two years.

lincicomeb@RockyMountainNews.com
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 09:16:03 AM by SPURSX3 »
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Guest_Randy

Trash Talking starts
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 09:36:13 AM »
This series has a LOT to do with injuries.  IF TD is 80%, then the Spurs win -- if he's not and Camby is 80%, the Nuggets have a legit chance of beating the Spurs.  If TD is 100%, this series is going to be over quick -- but if I were a Spurs fan I'd be REAL concerned about TD's ankles.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Trash Talking starts
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 09:41:09 AM »
"First-round draft choices. Add it up. Like golf, low number wins. The Spurs have Duncan at No. 1 overall. But so do the Nuggets in Kenyon Martin. None of the other Spurs starters were drafted in the first 25. All the Nuggets' were in the first 10, Andre Miller the highest at No. 8. "

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

I stopped reading after this  :rolleyes:  This goes back to my thread about idiot sportswriters who just spew crap to spew it.  What does the draft slot the Spurs starters have to do with anything?  This crew won the championship 2 years ago :lol:

Thats like saying MJ isnt as good as his fellow draftees because he didnt go first.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 09:42:24 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Trash Talking starts
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 09:48:54 AM »
This series has a LOT to do with injuries.  IF TD is 80%, then the Spurs win -- if he's not and Camby is 80%, the Nuggets have a legit chance of beating the Spurs.  If TD is 100%, this series is going to be over quick -- but if I were a Spurs fan I'd be REAL concerned about TD's ankles.
OH it IS a concern Randy, it is.  But I think I just got those pre -playoff jitters, you know the kind every fan gets no matter how good the team is.  I gotta remember this team had the best record in hand until Tim's ankle sprain, and I got to remember to trust Tim, he says he is only 75-80%, but even that amoutn can put a hard days work on Camby.  Nene off the bench IS an advantage, new coach or not, out team fought its way to this record with and without Tim.  we are the better team, and now its time to show it.  assuming no mental collapse on our part, we should be good in 5 i say.  but yeah, I know no team will be a cake walk in the finals, Danver believes they can win so they will come to play hard on our court - BUT the team is stil young - so get them down by a couple of losses and this thing may be over by then, we'll see.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Trash Talking starts
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 10:05:44 AM »
-- but if I were a Spurs fan I'd be REAL concerned about TD's ankles.
Does this mean you're Spurs curious?