Author Topic: bummer, Spurs lost...  (Read 880 times)

its me SPURSX3

bummer, Spurs lost...
« on: April 18, 2005, 11:33:18 PM »
Glenn robinson scored 23...hmmmmmm.  atleast it looks like something good came out of this game after all. :D  

Guest_Randy

bummer, Spurs lost...
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 08:03:03 AM »
Umm, SpursX3 -- there's NEVER been much doubt that the Big Dog can score -- that's the ONLY thing he does -- and it's the reason why his teams still LOSE even though he scores points and shoots well.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
bummer, Spurs lost...
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 09:54:06 AM »
oh it's not THAT bad randy, 22 minutes - 9/11 FGM-A - 1/2 3GM-A - 3REB - 1 AST - only 2 TO's.

it's some improvement on his game since he's been back, I hope to see more of that as the playoffs kick off.

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Guest_Randy

bummer, Spurs lost...
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 02:10:41 PM »
Come on, SpursX3, NOBODY has ever denied that the Big Dog isn't a great offensive player -- he has ALWAYS been that kind of a scorer but yet his teams STILL lose.  Mere coincidence?  Nope!  He's a selfish player who doesn't pass the ball and doesn't play defense.  It's a mistake for SA to change their game plan and try and OUTSCORE their opponents -- SA has won by counting on their D to win games -- Phoenix would LOVE for SA to try to outscore them!!!

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
bummer, Spurs lost...
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 05:25:57 PM »
Come on, SpursX3, NOBODY has ever denied that the Big Dog isn't a great offensive player -- he has ALWAYS been that kind of a scorer but yet his teams STILL lose.  Mere coincidence?  Nope!  He's a selfish player who doesn't pass the ball and doesn't play defense.  It's a mistake for SA to change their game plan and try and OUTSCORE their opponents -- SA has won by counting on their D to win games -- Phoenix would LOVE for SA to try to outscore them!!!
I dont think there is a change of game plan to change our tacticvs from defense to offense.  Tim is just coming back from the ankle sprain and is still not 100%, manu had a so so shooting night, Parker did not play due to a stomach virus, it WAS a good time to see if his shooting touch was coming back or not, so why not pass him the ball.  I never said Robinson was NOT an offensive threat, but come on Randy, for the amount of time to be out and getting this close to playoff time, it is good news to see this guy hitting his shots - that makes one more person off the bench to call in in the event, tim, manu, or tony go cold - now his defense is still pretty sloppy, and i dont think they will get that up to par before the playoffs, if ever, so it's nice to know that if this guy gets called off the bench, it looks like he will contribute.  Yes, I know he is a ball hogger, I have not seen him over do it as of yet, last night he just had the touch and was able to get open quite a bit - it was a good game for him.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.