Author Topic: Suspend Ricky Davis  (Read 1063 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Suspend Ricky Davis
« on: April 03, 2005, 07:09:10 PM »
93-90 Philly after being up 26 points in 1st.
95-90 22 seconds left as AI hits jumper.

So it's pretty much over.  Except that this is an NBA game.  Which means unless the 76ers are up by 12, it's not over.  Boston has a chance.
Bostons got to hit every shot, Philly has to miss FTs.  It probably ain't gonna happen, even if Boston hits Philly will inbound to AI who is a solid FT shooter.  But let's see the end anyways.  

Boston inbounds and Ricky Davis misses a running banker.  ABC does not show the correct angle(s), but what they do show looks like Davis was not fouled.  At all.  Even slightly.  He simply rushed the shot.  Then he starts whining for the foul call.  And whining.  And more whining.  Gary Pouton comes over and the both of them are talking to the ref who called it while Philly is getting ready to shoot the 'throws.  The ref is being really cool.  Taking it all in but not getting drawn into a fight.  Pouton walks off.  But Davis just keeps on yapping.  And yapping.  Probably swore or something because finally the ref Ts him up.  Now bear in mind, Philly was only up 5.  AI is solid on throws, but he can miss.  Meaning the game is hardly over.  With Pierce nailing 3s, it would take an AI miss, 3, another philly FT miss, 3 for a tie.  Difficult but surely worth a try at least.  Instead, dipstick Davis T gives AI an extra FTA.  (He did miss one of two).  Third try (the T), AI hits.  Now its a 7 point game and is over.

Point?  This kind of ultra selfish Meism crap should result in on the spot suspension.  Its one thing to complain when you were fouled.  But not to the point of collecting a T with the game on the line.  Its entirely another thing to whine when you dont get fouled, collect a T that takes your teams slim chance completely away.  All for self.

I shut the T.V. off on the spot, but now i read in the post game interview a Davis quote:  "It's a big game, national T.V.  It's very embarrassing."  But the context is Davis is talking about the Celts losing, not about his boneheaded behavior. :eek2:   Did anyone see this live?  See Davis postgame q and a?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2005, 12:07:07 AM by Reality »

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Suspend Ricky Davis
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 02:14:22 PM »
Ricky's a bonehead, always has been, always will be.

But, look at the gameflow.

http://popcornmachine.net/cgi-bin/gameflow...403&game=PHIBOS

Iguodala was +22.  In a 4 pt game.  That means we were -18 when he was on the bench.  That's unreal.

During the time Iguodala and Pierce were on the court, Pierce had almost as many TO's (4) as fgm (5).

This man deserves consideration for all league defense.  For real.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Suspend Ricky Davis
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 05:50:13 PM »

Iguodala was +22.  In a 4 pt game.  That means we were -18 when he was on the bench.  That's unreal.

During the time Iguodala and Pierce were on the court, Pierce had almost as many TO's (4) as fgm (5).

I'm gonna have to take some time to learn how to read that chart.

Ig had a rebound-jam that rocked.  Don't recall time of game as i hopped in and out.   But it was not a running start.  It was more like a straight up, in fact the ball was 2-3-4 feet away and off the rim.  He coralled it one handed then sent it right over the defenders head.  Highlighter for sure.

Guest_Randy

Suspend Ricky Davis
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2005, 09:13:12 AM »
Ricky's a bonehead, always has been, always will be.

dabods,

I have seen Philly play several times (obviously, missed the SacTown/Philly game that JoMal was talking about) and I have only seen Dalembert look HORRIBLE offensively -- can't catch a pass, makes horrible decisions about when to shoot and when not to (off-balance, bad angle, too far outside, but passes it out when he should shoot, etc.)  and he can't dribble well -- then I hear Rick and JoMal talking about this awesome offensive player.  Have I just not seen the right games?

Dalembert is a good rebounder, a very good team defender but too often I see him make really bad decisions.  

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Suspend Ricky Davis
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2005, 09:21:21 AM »
No Randy, he's horrible offensively.  I don't know where Rick is coming from on that one.

If it's not a dunk, I don't want him touching the ball.  Can't pass to save his life, shoots every time he touches the ball, can't create, and rarely hits a jumper.

He'll get putbacks, transition and dunks and get 10 ppg that way.  But he's horrible outside of that offensively.

His team defence IMO leaves something to be desired as well.  Misses rotations and doesn't know when to go for the block and when to let it go.  Great individual defender though.