Author Topic: Which coaching changes helped  (Read 715 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Which coaching changes helped
« on: March 24, 2005, 09:12:39 AM »
Subjective question.  Since this year, of the 9 teams that made changes, how many are doing better?  
2nd Q).  Of the 26 or that made changes since 2002, how many are doing better?  Don't have all the stats and names since 2002.  Couple obvious ones are Doc Rivers and Larry Brown.  Better and Wayy better.  Maybe someone else can find the rest.  Bulls coach should get some props altho the roster sure is helping.  I think i know where the Sixer posters stand on one coach.

This year obviously the current winner so far is

1 George Karl.  17-25 to 19-5
2 Fratello 5-7 to 33-21
3 McHale it's a wash same as Flip 25-26 to 9-8
4 Herb Williams ditto 17-22 to 11-15
5 Avery Johnson > too soon to tell 44-22 to 2-0
6 Chris Jent > ditto 31-33 to 1-2
7 Brendan Malone > ditto 34-30 to 1-0
8 Frank Hamblen worse 24-19 to 8-16

9 Kevin Pritchard was ordered to play younger players by Blaze mgmnt so i don't count him.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 10:17:09 AM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 12:34:39 PM »
Subjective question.  Since this year, of the 9 teams that made changes, how many are doing better?  
2nd Q).  Of the 26 or that made changes since 2002, how many are doing better?  Don't have all the stats and names since 2002.  Couple obvious ones are Doc Rivers and Larry Brown.  Better and Wayy better.  Maybe someone else can find the rest.  Bulls coach should get some props altho the roster sure is helping.  I think i know where the Sixer posters stand on one coach.

This year obviously the current winner so far is

1 George Karl.  17-25 to 19-5
2 Fratello 5-7 to 33-21
3 McHale it's a wash same as Flip 25-26 to 9-8
4 Herb Williams ditto 17-22 to 11-15
5 Avery Johnson > too soon to tell 44-22 to 2-0
6 Chris Jent > ditto 31-33 to 1-2
7 Brendan Malone > ditto 34-30 to 1-0
8 Frank Hamblen worse 24-19 to 8-16

9 Kevin Pritchard was ordered to play younger players by Blaze mgmnt so i don't count him.
We'll Frank Hamblin deciding mid-season to switch the Lakers back to the triangle from the offense geared around Kobe really screwed up his record as head coach.

Ive never seen the triangle being ran so horribly.  Some of these guys just have no idea how to run it at all.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 04:57:45 PM »
We'll Frank Hamblin deciding mid-season to switch the Lakers back to the triangle from the offense geared around Kobe really screwed up his record as head coach.

Ive never seen the triangle being ran so horribly.  Some of these guys just have no idea how to run it at all.
Frank Hamblen also took over due to Rudy T circumstance, so i think he could be thought of as interim whether titled as such or not.

They are consistently inconsistent.  I like the potential of Cook with those quick release 3 Bombs.  Butler is great 1/2 the time.  Chucky Atkins at times is playing great.  But they seldom seem to get all 5 playing in unison on both O and D.  Kobadiah Springfield fluctuates between great passing Kobe and ballhog Kobme.  When he wants to set up other players i think he is one of the best in the league at selling the opponent that he is going to shoot then whipping it over to another Laker for the superb would-be assist.