Author Topic: It Aint Over til It's Over  (Read 673 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
It Aint Over til It's Over
« on: March 23, 2005, 09:26:27 AM »
TMacs crosscourt pass over to Mike James for a threebie made it 80-72 with 40 seconds left.  I said don't leave it's an NBA game but squealched that with naw, no way the Rockets can choke off an 8 point lead in 40 seconds.  I don't wanna watch the college type Grunt Ball foul exchange ending.

Came back in.  83-82 Rockets as Shaq is dunking the DWade FT miss.  One second left.  David Welsley caps some clutch foul shooting by puposely hitting the rim on attempt #2 to end the game.  

Moral?  Do not turn off last minute of NBA games or miss some incredible comebacks.  Unless team leading is up by 15+.

As to the game, Deke Mutumbo looked superb.  Shades of FinalsPast for the tech he got on a *foul* against Shaq.  "He was mocking me with his smile" official Joe Crawford explained to Jeff Van Grunty.

Rockets gonna make some playoff noise?  Should PHX and the Spurs be threatened by them?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 03:10:36 PM by Reality »

rickortreat

It Aint Over til It's Over
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 12:23:28 PM »
I think so.  Houston looked very good in that game.  Although Miami deserves it's props for not lying down,  Houston wanted it more and played better.

The turning point in the game came late in the fourth quarter, when T-Mac decided to make things happen,  he shot a couple of three's and genrealy shifted the momentum to the Rockets.  

The Rockets proved that they have the depth to handle Miami.  Shaq is better than Yao on most nights, but Deke is better than Doleac or Mourning most every night.  With this win, Houston established themselves as a serious contender.  As they meet other front-runners during the resst of the season, we'll get a chance to see how competitive they can be.