Author Topic: Pot to interrogate Kettle  (Read 1519 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Pot to interrogate Kettle
« on: March 15, 2005, 04:19:11 PM »
let the IntegrityFest begin. :rofl:
What a bunch of grandstanding waste of tax dollars.

like Congress is going to do anything and MLB et al is going to have an ounce of truthfullness.  Oh wait Jeremy Giambi spoke some truth.  But of course he wont be interviewed now will he.  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 01:08:51 AM »
Are you F'in serious?  Wow.  Of all the things they really need to look into they look into this?  
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 04:00:41 PM »
"Players that are guilty of taking steroids are not only cheaters — you are cowards," said Donald Hooton of Plano, Texas, whose son, Taylor, was 17 when he hanged himself in July 2003.

I don't know that taking 'Roids as an MLB makes one a coward, but I'm all for the fathers next statement:

"You hide behind the skirts of your union, and with the help of management and your lawyers, you've made every effort to resist facing the public today," Hooton said.   :up:

Gotta love Scammy Sosas carefully prepared defense lawyer statement:  "I have never taken any illegal substances."  Key word illegal.  Duh because MLB makes Roid use legal.  And/or has such laughable testing procedures that Roiders need have no fear of getting caught.

While I do believe it's up to each individual player to decide if he will or will not use 'Roids, isn't it a complete burn competitionwise to players who did not use Roids, instead using natural abilities.  Say what you want about Canseco, but when asked if the MVP he recieved should be given to 2nd place Mike Greenwell (alleged non user) Canseco said "Absolutely, I will give the award to him, I don't want to be associated with MLB *records* that are steroid tainted."

Lost respect for Curt Schilling on this issue.  Acting like a dumb evasive smart ass.  Steroid problem, what steroid problem?  Calling Canseco a liar and blaming him for the whole affair.  
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 05:07:28 PM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 05:28:19 PM »
This is a non-issue to me...mainly because its been painfully obvious for years that these guys have been using drugs to increase their performance.

To me this seems like a political marketing agenda....certain politicians get to up their status by attacking the 2nd biggest sport next to football in this country.  Shouldnt they be talking about the war?  Or better yet shouldnt they be talking about how the price of going to college in America is keeping the US from putting out better, more intelligent workers?  You know maybe meet to discuss ways the government can find ways to help students out.  I could go on and on.......yet as I rant they are investigating the super important issue of steroid use in baseball.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 05:30:12 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 05:33:43 PM »
10-4 It's pure grandstanding.
One of the politcos several times even called Schilling "a good politician" for his lame evasive answers (non answers.)

As to your observation of more important issues.  Of course.  David Letterman said regarding Bushs policy to build up Iraq from within with jobs and infrastructure, "hey maybe after that he can try that in the U.S."

Man was not designed to rule man effectively.