Author Topic: Are the Nuggets for real?  (Read 1107 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Are the Nuggets for real?
« on: March 23, 2005, 10:58:51 AM »
Havn't seen a whole Denver game.  I've been waiting like a lot of us to see if the Karl slipper is going to fall off.  But the Pattycake Theory, that being that Denver has fattened up on sub 500 teams in the stretch, is now old and outdated.  19-5 is 19-5.

Can they make some serious playoff noise?

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 11:04:48 AM »
Havn't seen a whole Denver game.  I've been waiting like a lot of us to see if the Karl slipper is going to fall off.  But the Pattycake Theory, that being that Denver has fattened up on sub 500 teams in the stretch, is now old and outdated.  19-5 is 19-5.

I think he has gotten them to beat teams that they SHOULD have been beating in the first place, as for a real playoff threat, i dont see that happenning this year.   The one noticeable win is against SA, which was not a whole squad at the time. they lost to the suns, and also to the wolves.  None of the teams on thier scores and schedules page look like they are anything to  to make a fuss about though.  So even though the record loks nice, I put it on just good timing for Karl to come in and take over at this point.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 11:15:07 AM »
Quote from: SPURSX3,Mar 23 2005, 04:04 PM
I think he has gotten them to beat teams that they SHOULD have been beating in the first place, as for a real playoff threat, i dont see that happenning this year.   The one noticeable win is against SA, which was not a whole squad at the time. they lost to the suns, and also to the wolves.  None of the teams on thier scores and schedules page look like they are anything to  to make a fuss about though.  So even though the record loks nice, I put it on just good timing for Karl to come in and take over at this point. [/QUOTE]
Yes and the Spurs choke job that game was absurd.  Props to Den for keeping the heat on but please, choking an 87-80 lead by not scoring a point the final 3:30.  Spurs better not pull that crap again.

The end of the reg schedule has Denver playing Phx again and Houston.  If standings matter by that point in time.  I'd still like to see a good portion of a Denver game to observe what they are playing like.  They look good on the highlight reel.   B)

Be interesting to see who ends up in the WConf Finals.  At least now we'll get to see what Nazr, Barry and bench can do.  Good bad or ugly.  Barry is in a shooting funk big time.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 11:22:23 AM by Reality »

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 11:36:29 AM »
I think he has gotten them to beat teams that they SHOULD have been beating in the first place, as for a real playoff threat, i dont see that happenning this year.   The one noticeable win is against SA, which was not a whole squad at the time. they lost to the suns, and also to the wolves.  None of the teams on thier scores and schedules page look like they are anything to  to make a fuss about though.  So even though the record loks nice, I put it on just good timing for Karl to come in and take over at this point.
Yes and the Spurs choke job that game was absurd.  Props to Den for keeping the heat on but please, choking an 87-80 lead by not scoring a point the final 3:30.  Spurs better not pull that crap again.

The end of the reg schedule has Denver playing Phx again and Houston.  If standings matter by that point in time.

Be interesting to see who ends up in the WConf Finals.  At least now we'll get to see what Nazr, Barry and bench can do.  Good bad or ugly.  Barry is in a shooting funk big time. [/quote]
 Just a question.  Do you think the rest of the team is the same basketball level as Tim?  Just curious because Tim IS fulltime MVP to the Spurs, not just a "good" player - he IS the reason we do so well.  without him we are still a good team, but not anywhere close to what we are with Tim in the lineup.  So to cough the win over us to a "choke" job, is a bad observation, denver took care of business and beat a team that they SHOULD have beaten - which WAS a team without two all-stars.  I dont consider that loss a choke by any means, if it were us taking on any team without thier main gun, or actually main guns since we did not have tim OR manu that game, I would expect us to handle our business and beat that undermanned team.  Our team can play with some heart, but starts to fall short at times, look at the new york game.  New york went out and took care of business, props to Malik and his 18 by the way.  Hell we could have beaten Detroit - NOW THAT YOU CAN PIN ON COACH IGNORANCE - Pop messed up on that game big time IMO, bad timing and replacement for last time out- really messed up our momentum.  but to me the spurs can choke if tim is one the floor playing and lose to a team they should beat, without tim, we are not the same team, so who we should beat and shouldnt beat changes.  it's tougher, but if i see that we are busting our butts to try to win, thats alright with me.  I dont expect Manu to step up and take time place - he cant.  But i do expect them to go out and hustle night in night out, they didnt really do that in NYC, but hey, I'll give them one game.  Now, if we lose to indiana and atlanta - i will be seriously pissed.  Houston will be tough without Tim as will seattle, denver,utah, memphis, memphis again and minnie.  I told you it would be ugly.  The way i see it, the rest of the team needs to fine tune itself for tims return, I think it will just make us stronger in the playoffs.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 09:16:18 PM »
Quote from: Reality,Mar 23 2005, 04:15 PM

The end of the reg schedule has Denver playing Phx again and Houston.  If standings matter by that point in time.

Be interesting to see who ends up in the WConf Finals.  At least now we'll get to see what Nazr, Barry and bench can do.  Good bad or ugly.  Barry is in a shooting funk big time.
Just a question.  Do you think the rest of the team is the same basketball level as Tim?  Just curious because Tim IS fulltime MVP to the Spurs, not just a "good" player - he IS the reason we do so well.  without him we are still a good team, but not anywhere close to what we are with Tim in the lineup.  So to cough the win over us to a "choke" job, is a bad observation, denver took care of business and beat a team that they SHOULD have beaten - which WAS a team without two all-stars.  I dont consider that loss a choke by any means, if it were us taking on any team without thier main gun, or actually main guns since we did not have tim OR manu that game, I would expect us to handle our business and beat that undermanned team.  Our team can play with some heart, but starts to fall short at times, look at the new york game.  New york went out and took care of business, props to Malik and his 18 by the way.  Hell we could have beaten Detroit - NOW THAT YOU CAN PIN ON COACH IGNORANCE - Pop messed up on that game big time IMO, bad timing and replacement for last time out- really messed up our momentum.  but to me the spurs can choke if tim is one the floor playing and lose to a team they should beat, without tim, we are not the same team, so who we should beat and shouldnt beat changes.  it's tougher, but if i see that we are busting our butts to try to win, thats alright with me.  I dont expect Manu to step up and take time place - he cant.  But i do expect them to go out and hustle night in night out, they didnt really do that in NYC, but hey, I'll give them one game.  Now, if we lose to indiana and atlanta - i will be seriously pissed.  Houston will be tough without Tim as will seattle, denver,utah, memphis, memphis again and minnie.  I told you it would be ugly.  The way i see it, the rest of the team needs to fine tune itself for tims return, I think it will just make us stronger in the playoffs. [/quote]
 k, we lost one game out of the two i was hoping we could win.  the team is playing like Tim freaking died.  nothing from manu, nothing from tony, nothing from anybody else.  Pop should have given them an earful tonight.