Author Topic: Roids/Canseco  (Read 1607 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Roids/Canseco
« on: February 14, 2005, 12:04:18 PM »
Which is lamer, Canseco ratting out players or the lame responses ie Tony Larussa "The players all got bigger naturally by lifting weights."

In responding to 'Roid use allegations, notice how most of the players give defense lawyer written responses and most do not state "I did not ever take Roids" but rather "I hardly know Canseco", "It's sad this whole mess" yada yada.

Here's some more Bullstink from the Yankees, now backpedaling on the issue of removing the word "steroids" from Giambis contract:

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/3395964
« Last Edit: February 14, 2005, 01:54:59 PM by Reality »

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Roids/Canseco
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 07:00:56 PM »
I think Canseco's brain got severely jarred when the fly ball hit him in the head and the bounced over the fence for a HR.  He is a LOSER.

Now he extolls the virtue of the "Steroid Lifestyle", that made him the player he became.  At the same time when told Mickey Mantle would have done "40-40" if he knew is was going to be such a big deal, and Jose coped a major attitude, like he was being horribly wronged.  Excuse me Jose, you admit you were only good because you cheated, so I figure if the Commerce Comet wants to diminish your accomplishments a little whats the harm.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2005, 07:10:29 PM by ziggy »
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
Roids/Canseco
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 10:20:39 AM »
I think Canseco's brain got severely jarred when the fly ball hit him in the head and the bounced over the fence for a HR.  He is a LOSER.

Now he extolls the virtue of the "Steroid Lifestyle", that made him the player he became.  At the same time when told Mickey Mantle would have done "40-40" if he knew is was going to be such a big deal, and Jose coped a major attitude, like he was being horribly wronged.  Excuse me Jose, you admit you were only good because you cheated, so I figure if the Commerce Comet wants to diminish your accomplishments a little whats the harm.
You know the scary thing about Muscles is that if he hadn't stepped on that field grate in the '51 Series and torn up his knee, what type of career would he have had?  We know how great he was regardless, but think about that for a sec...

Like I said, scary!
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Roids/Canseco
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005, 06:47:02 PM »
He and Ted Williams had Ted not split twice for military.

Back to Roids/Canseco, i find LaRussa to be just as sickening.  Claiming he knew Canseco was taking them but no one else??  Spare us the fertilizer.  Oh and he didn't report it because it wouldn't have done any good.  Well that part is probably true.  Still LaRussa was more then happy to gravytrain a World Series ring due in no small part to Canseco and McGuires 'roid use.  A good coach would have gotten two or three titles out of those 88-90 Oakland A's.