Author Topic: What will happen in Minnesota after this year?  (Read 822 times)

Guest_Randy

What will happen in Minnesota after this year?
« on: February 07, 2005, 12:28:00 PM »
I have read a LOT of talk based on the demise of a talented ballclub who is playing like they have less talent than the Clips.  

Here are some of the ideas thrown out:

1)  Dump Spree after the trading deadline (assuming they can't find a new destination for Spree through a trade -- which is highly unlikely, except for Miami for Eddie Jones -- and Minny doesn't want Jones' long-term contract) in hopes of improving team chemistry and a shot at the playoffs.

2)  It's Flip Saunders fault -- dump the coach.  The problem is that there aren't many coaches as good as Flip is out there.  I think Flip is a 2nd tier level coach -- and unfortunately, with the exception of PJ, I don't think anyone out there is as good as Flip.

3)  Trade KG.  Yeah, I know, you don't trade a player like KG -- but what if KG has had ENOUGH of the TWolves and their lack of interest in playing basketball?  I understand the other night that he tried to shame his teammates into playing harder in the 40 point loss to the Suns and was pretty much IGNORED!!!  How long before KG says "that's it -- trade me?"  Cassell seems to be finished -- not sure if it's a lack of desire or just his body refusing to stand up to the test but his scoring is down and he looks like he couldn't play defense even if he wanted to (and it doesn't look like he wants to).  I can't imagine the TWolves trading KG -- but they had better do SOMETHING with this team -- KG stayed (and took less money) with the agreement that the TWolves get him some help -- obviously he can't be happy with the current status of the TWolves.  Hey, maybe the TWolves would take Lamar Odom and the rest of the Lakers other than Kobe!   :rofl:  

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 04:27:55 PM »
If Miami is willing to do Spree for Jones, I'm all over that if I'm Minnesota.  So what if Jones has a long-term contract?  Will Sprewell get Minnesota far enough under the cap to sign a player that's equally talented?  I don't think so.  So bite the bullet, and realize that sometimes, you have to spend to win.

Firing Flip would be an atrocity.  In my estimation, Flip Saunders belongs with Rick Carlisle and Jerry Sloan in the level of elite of the elite of coaches in the NBA.  If you dump Flip, you won't HAVE to trade Garnett - he'll ask for the trade on his own.

Trading Garnett is taking a step AWAY from contention - not toward it - unless you're getting Duncan back.  Garnett is no quitter.  He's in this for the long haul, I think.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 05:31:58 PM »
no minnie i the playoffs???

MWUAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

my plan has worked!

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Guest_Randy

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 03:20:57 PM »
If Miami is willing to do Spree for Jones, I'm all over that if I'm Minnesota.  So what if Jones has a long-term contract?  Will Sprewell get Minnesota far enough under the cap to sign a player that's equally talented?  I don't think so.  So bite the bullet, and realize that sometimes, you have to spend to win.

Firing Flip would be an atrocity.  In my estimation, Flip Saunders belongs with Rick Carlisle and Jerry Sloan in the level of elite of the elite of coaches in the NBA.  If you dump Flip, you won't HAVE to trade Garnett - he'll ask for the trade on his own.

Trading Garnett is taking a step AWAY from contention - not toward it - unless you're getting Duncan back.  Garnett is no quitter.  He's in this for the long haul, I think.
Joe,

I don't think that KG is a quitter but stop and reflect on what he gave up -- a TON of cash in order to enable the TWolves to get better -- and his investment has sunk worse than the stock market has ever been.  At some point, if it doesn't look like things are going to change, you have to sell and take the loss.