Author Topic: Clips  (Read 794 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Clips
« on: February 01, 2005, 06:35:30 PM »
6-1 minus Maggette.
Reaction?

O should revolve around Brand with B. Simmons continuing to get lots of touches.
For a Clips watcher only, if you've seen some of the dishes Simmons has been hitting Brand with there have been some sweet ones.  However most of Brands regular 20/10s come from being such an outstanding rebounder and nose for ball.
Like Jaric when he is looking to assist.  Don't like Brunson or for that matter any of the Clips guards when they ballhog and ignore Brand.

When Kittles and 18 yr old come back it should help.  Playoffs?  Nope.  Dunleavy.
Would probably need to go about 28-12 over the last 40.  Hope I'm wrong.  Or hope they rip off a 28-12.  Not likely with a brutal road stretch but Go Clips.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Clips
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 06:40:46 PM »
6-1 minus Maggette.
Reaction?

O should revolve around Brand with B. Simmons continuing to get lots of touches.
For a Clips watcher only, if you've seen some of the dishes Simmons has been hitting Brand with there have been some sweet ones.  However most of Brands regular 20/10s come from being such an outstanding rebounder and nose for ball.
Like Jaric when he is looking to assist.  Don't like Brunson or for that matter any of the Clips guards when they ballhog and ignore Brand.

When Kittles and 18 yr old come back it should help.  Playoffs?  Nope.  Dunleavy.
Would probably need to go about 28-12 over the last 40.  Hope I'm wrong.  Or hope they rip off a 28-12.  Not likely with a brutal road stretch but Go Clips.
Ehh...I dont know how much of it is Maggette.  Although Id love to see a shot selection per game since Maggette left.  He jacks up alot of shots when Kaman, Brand, and even Mikki have been doing a good job in the paint as a whole.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Clips
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 06:54:59 PM »
Ehh...I dont know how much of it is Maggette.  Although Id love to see a shot selection per game since Maggette left.  He jacks up alot of shots when Kaman, Brand, and even Mikki have been doing a good job in the paint as a whole. [/quote]
 I havent seen a shot chart but from what i have seen of Clips games this year, Maggette too often hoists without even considering passing down low, also with shot attempt leaves Clips with no chance for O rebound.  Resulting in a lot of transition points for opponent.  Plus how can you ignore Brand and Simmons?

To Dunleavys credit, the other night the Clips were playing superb team ball, Brand was doing great.  Maggette started his ballhogging crap and Dunleavy benched him for well over a quarter.  When he came back in he drove the lane, stopped, planted, faked a shot and tossed it out to a wide open Brunson who nailed the 3.  I think Maggette could do that a lot.