Author Topic: Phildo Jackson will listen  (Read 924 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Phildo Jackson will listen
« on: January 24, 2005, 02:52:47 AM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1973914

He's leaning hard to staying out of coaching for at least another 6 months, saying he does not have the thirst for coaching again -at this time.  Still, he said he would listen to the Knicks offer.  They should give him a blank check.  
Even if he is not able to gravy train another Jordan/Shraq title run he and Stern would certainly make the Knicks competetive again.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 10:26:07 AM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1973914

He's leaning hard to staying out of coaching for at least another 6 months, saying he does not have the thirst for coaching again -at this time.  Still, he said he would listen to the Knicks offer.  They should give him a blank check.  
Even if he is not able to gravy train another Jordan/Shraq title run he and Stern would certainly make the Knicks competetive again.
Phil is probably waiting for Tex to make the REAL decision.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Guest_Randy

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 11:54:47 AM »
My understanding is that Tex has retired for GOOD this time.  Tex WAS the X's and O's for PJ and who is going to pick that up again for him?  Cleman's?  I would like to see Cleman's get a shot at coaching (would have preferred that LA would have given him the chance) but I don't see Cleman's taking Winter's place with PJ.  

Why would PJ take the job in NY?  To prove he can win without a superstar like MJ or Shaq/Kobe?  I'd feel sorry for him taking the job -- Isaiah has made some good moves as a GM but he is never satisfied -- and ultimately, he will do the same thing that Dallas has done -- make trades simply to make trades.

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 12:35:18 PM »
Phil Jackson will listen to the Knicks offer...just before telling them to forget about it and don't call back.

I think Jackson's next stop is another playoff-caliber team - perhaps one that's somewhat struggling.  I'm betting on Minnesota or Houston.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005, 01:00:29 PM »
Phil Jackson will listen to the Knicks offer...just before telling them to forget about it and don't call back.

I think Jackson's next stop is another playoff-caliber team - perhaps one that's somewhat struggling.  I'm betting on Minnesota or Houston.
yep.  Phil is businesswise for sure.  I'll bet he'll play a half dozen offers against each other before taking another playoff team position.  Houston would indeed be good if they can keep Yao away from the Marketing Leaders.  

NYNets is the place i thought Phil might end up with his love of NYC.
I thought that's why they had a fire sale and were clearing cap room.  However the huge overpayment to Richard Jefferson shot that theory down.

guest-koast

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005, 10:24:14 AM »

Jackson is doing nothing more than using the NY media to get the word out that he might want to return.  No way he goes to coach the Knicks.

I think Houston or Minn would be a great place for em.  Both have big men that would do well in his system and Houston has 2 stars who are one of the best at their respective positions.  Could they be Kobe and Shaq 2006?