Author Topic: LOL at marc jackson  (Read 1069 times)

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
LOL at marc jackson
« on: January 20, 2005, 08:09:04 AM »
Marc Jackson takes a shot at Latrell Sprewell after being fined by the NBA.

Jackson cries foul over fine for supposed foul language

By PHIL JASNER

jasnerp@phillynews.com

You can't say in a family newspaper what Marc Jackson said Monday. Not even in the Daily News.

But what the 76ers center said, even though he says the NBA got it wrong, cost him a $5,000 fine levied yesterday by league vice president Stu Jackson.

Jackson was fined for what the league determined was an obscenity toward a fan in the third quarter of Monday afternoon's 95-91 victory over the New Orleans Hornets.

"Sack of crap," Jackson said when asked about the situation before last night's game against the Charlotte Bobcats.

"Because of the incident in Detroit, they want to hit people with fines without finding out what's going on. That's crazy. I won't tolerate it. I've got horses to feed."

At that line, his teammates in the locker room exploded in laughter. Jackson, in fact, does own horses, leading reporters to ask roughly what it does take to feed them.

"That's 6 months of horse feed right there," Jackson said. "That's inappropriate. Somebody said something - it's my teammate talking to me, joking around, and I respond. And I get fined $5,000. I can understand if I was ripping people's heads off, but I was just talking to a teammate in a joking manner."

Jackson said he would appeal.

"That's ridiculous, and they know it's ridiculous," he said. "I'm from Philly... plus, my mother and 11-year-old boy sit courtside... It's inappropriate, it's dumb, it's wrong."

Jackson said someone would have to have been within 5 feet of him to even hear what he said.

"It must have been a referee who thought I was talking to a fan or somebody," Jackson said. "I don't understand. That's crazy."

rickortreat

LOL at marc jackson
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005, 11:31:13 AM »
Marc is pretty funny, and he's also right.  He's not the type of player to go off on anyone.  Very hard worker and willing to go inside against anyone.  Unfortunately, the man can't jump very well and other players block his shots.  He often gets fouled, IMO, but doesn't get the calls.  Philly gets ripped off by the officials almost nightly.  They get more fouls because they penetrate regularly.  The officials start to feel guilty about giving them all the calls, so they ignore many of them.

Last night they beat Charlotte, but the game was alot closer than it should have been IMO. The refs kept the Bobcats in the game as much as their play.  Did you see Bernie Bickerstaff (Bobcats coach) get tossed from the game as the refs called a foul on the Sixers!?  Considering how close the final score was, those two technicals really hurt his team.

:nonono: