Author Topic: What is the toughest division now?  (Read 944 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
What is the toughest division now?
« on: January 12, 2005, 12:04:48 PM »
Early on it looked like the NW was the toughest division with all 5 teams over .500, but now that Portland, Utah, and Denver have all fallen back to earth, which division is the toughest?

I still feel the SW is the toughest, even given that NO is so bad.  The Pacific division has the best team in Phoenix, but I just don't see the Clipps maintaining the pace they are on.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 12:38:04 PM »
...I just don't see the Clipps maintaining the pace they are on.
Shut your fat stupid face!  :cry:  
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 02:20:45 PM »
Early on it looked like the NW was the toughest division with all 5 teams over .500, but now that Portland, Utah, and Denver have all fallen back to earth, which division is the toughest?

I still feel the SW is the toughest, even given that NO is so bad.  The Pacific division has the best team in Phoenix, but I just don't see the Clipps maintaining the pace they are on.
I dunno...the WC has been so crazy I think in 2-3 weeks we would have to do this thread over again
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 02:55:01 PM »
...I just don't see the Clipps maintaining the pace they are on.
Shut your fat stupid face!  :cry:
Just to be fair, I also don't see the Suns or the Sonics maintaining their pace either.  And to be even fairer, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Clips finish with a better record than the current tenents of the Rose Garden.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 03:03:54 PM »
Just to throw some stats into the argument....

Atlantic  ( 59- 85) 0.410
       Central   ( 65- 62) 0.512
       Southeast ( 61- 70) 0.466
       Northwest ( 70- 73) 0.490
       Pacific   ( 83- 55) 0.601
       Southwest ( 75- 68) 0.524

However the Pacific is just 21-22 against the Southwest.  But then the Southwest is 8-13 versus the Southeast.

IMO it is the southwest.  Memphis has started playing like they did last year.  NO has improved dramatically since Davis came back.  Yao & McGrady are starting to figure out how to ignore Van Gundy.  Dampier is starting to give Dallas what they expected when they signed him.   And the Spurs just schedule an off game every 70 or 8 just to let the league know they are vulnerable.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues