Author Topic: USC, National Champs, as it should be  (Read 1690 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
USC, National Champs, as it should be
« on: January 05, 2005, 02:31:25 AM »
Congrats to the Trojans, they left no doubt tonight, they are the best in college football. Future 49er (He'd better be!!!!!) Matt Leinart was fantastic. Oklahoma, which is only slighty more redneck than Texas, found out what the cosmic center of the universe is capable of, no sharing the title this year, it is all TROJANS!!!!
Dan

jn

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 09:50:59 AM »
That was a serious butt kicking.  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 11:47:13 AM »
That was a serious butt kicking.
Okies did almost as good a job as USC at kicking their own butts.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jn

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2005, 12:00:12 PM »
You know it koast.  I couldn't believe it when the Okie punt returner tried to pick up the ball on the 3 yard line.  I know he thought a USC player had touched it first but it was still an incredibly dumb move though.

Give USC credit though,  they really smacked Adrian Peterson around and made stops on 3rd and longs.

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 12:12:16 PM »
Once again the Big 12 flames out in a BCS game, and the Pac-10 dominates.  Big 12 is the most overrated conference in college football, and they get there by always playing the weakest non-conference schedule of any major conference.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2005, 02:40:45 PM »
You know it koast.  I couldn't believe it when the Okie punt returner tried to pick up the ball on the 3 yard line.  I know he thought a USC player had touched it first but it was still an incredibly dumb move though.

Give USC credit though,  they really smacked Adrian Peterson around and made stops on 3rd and longs.
Did you see the amount of total yards between the two teams last night?  USC had 40 or so more points but not that big of an advantage in total yards.  Normally when you score 50+ points you have an insane amount of yardage.....but when the other team keeps turning it over right next to the goaline you dont have to travel very far at all.

Props  to the whole team....None of us (who partied with Mater Dei) ever thought Matt would be as good as he is.  Of course, it also helps when you have a monster in the backfield like Bush.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 02:41:59 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2005, 04:23:50 PM »
Once again the Big 12 flames out in a BCS game, and the Pac-10 dominates.  Big 12 is the most overrated conference in college football, and they get there by always playing the weakest non-conference schedule of any major conference.
Right...and the #4 teaam in the Big 12 put a whooping on the #2 team from the Pac 10.  But don't let details ruin your hate fest.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2005, 04:49:29 PM »
Once again the Big 12 flames out in a BCS game, and the Pac-10 dominates.  Big 12 is the most overrated conference in college football, and they get there by always playing the weakest non-conference schedule of any major conference.
Right...and the #4 teaam in the Big 12 put a whooping on the #2 team from the Pac 10.  But don't let details ruin your hate fest.
Lurker,
Cal flamed out no doubt about it, and Texas stepped it up.  
At the same time I expect you to look at the performance of the Pac-10 in the 4 BCS games over the last 7 years, and there are just 2 losses, one of which Washington State right after Mike Price left.  The Pac-10 teams have dominated over and over in the 4 BCS games.  Look at the Big-12, and you will see nothing but carnage.  Kudo's to Texas this year, and OU for their title a few years ago, but otherwise they have stunk it up.  Look it up my friend.  Given all that this is the 1st time a Pac-10 team has played in the BCS title game.

As far as non-conference schedules the Big 12 ALWAYS, and I HAVE CHECKED THIS FOR 4 YEARS, plays the weakest non-conference schedule, and that is why they score higher in the BCS computers.  The Big 12 will play no more than 15% of it's non-conference games against big 6 conference teams, and the Pac-10 will consistantly play between 40% and 50% of their non-conference games against the Big-10, Big-12, SEC, Big East, and ACC.  The Big -12 pounds the patsies, and when they play in the big games they get hammered.  It is a FACT!!!
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2005, 05:25:06 PM »
I'm not saying that the Big 12 is dominating...or that they schedule tough non-conference games.  However just this year the Big 12 was 4-3 in bowl games and the Pac 10 was 3-2.  Head to head each conference won....Usc over Oklahoma and Texas Tech over California.

Actually IMO the SEC is the toughest conference.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues