Author Topic: How well will COOP do in Denver?  (Read 911 times)

Guest_Randy

How well will COOP do in Denver?
« on: December 30, 2004, 10:19:58 AM »
Assessment anyone?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2004, 10:57:47 AM »
He won't last very long because Carmelo is a dellusional dumbarse.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2004, 11:10:17 AM »
He won't last very long because Carmelo is a dellusional dumbarse.
Too bad the NBA is going to continue to push him and James as the next Magic/Bird matchup.  Wade is the one who deserves the attention after James.

If Coop can get them to play some defense then he might stay a few seasons.   Something this team needs is a more defensive minded scheme.  They just dont have the offensive weapons night in and night out to beat teams that way.  Especially when Mello starts to jack up ill advised shots with no stops.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jn

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2004, 11:40:25 AM »
My guess is that he will be able to have them at least in playoff contention but won't be able to make them contenders unless they can get some outside shooting.   Vo Lenard is their only dependable 3 point threat and he's past thirty and out with a torn achilles.  

Guest_Randy

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2004, 02:00:02 PM »
I wished Coop would have passed on this team -- unfortunately, I think he is facing too much expectation combined with a lot of egos (whose skill will never rise above those egos).  I think that spells trouble for Coop, who IMO deserves a legit shot at an NBA team (look at what he did in the WNBA).  I DON'T think that Anthony is going to handle Coop in his face every day telling him to play D -- and I look forward to the first time that Coop sits Anthony down after neglecting his defensive assignment (again).  

Getting into the playoffs isn't guaranteed in the WC -- it's going to be VERY tough -- and getting the Nuggets out of the first round is going to be impossible, IMO.  And I'm not sure that Kiki doesn't have those kind of expectations!