Author Topic: Will Zit admit offense is good  (Read 1244 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Will Zit admit offense is good
« on: December 13, 2004, 07:28:51 PM »
The night or two after the 81-80 Caveman Game with Jeff Van Grunty and Pop displaying their repressive offensive offenses, ohhh i mean such great D....

Spurs go on a rampage vs Cle.  66%.  116 pts.
The Spurs have gone over 100 pts 8 times.  They are 8-0 in those games.

Will Zit see the light early this year?  Last year it took Dunker getting injured to force some flow offense.  This year its been good at times, but too many of these Caveman games.

Guest-Koast

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 09:34:37 PM »
The night or two after the 81-80 Caveman Game with Jeff Van Grunty and Pop displaying their repressive offensive offenses, ohhh i mean such great D....

Spurs go on a rampage vs Cle.  66%.  116 pts.
The Spurs have gone over 100 pts 8 times.  They are 8-0 in those games.

Will Zit see the light early this year?  Last year it took Dunker getting injured to force some flow offense.  This year its been good at times, but too many of these Caveman games.
Take into mind who they are playing also Reality.  Duncan isnt exactly as challenged in the post on both sides of the floor by Illgauskusasdiuasjdalkjds as he is Yao.

I do agree tho.  Spurs have major offensive weapons.  This team could be a Dallas-type team if they wanted too.   Duncan is almost a sure basket in the post, Barry is money from anywhere, and Manu is becomming one of the better slashers in the league.

jn

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 09:52:59 AM »
"A Dallas type team"?  Sure if by that you mean they are both in Texas.  Dirk is completely unique in this league.  No team can duplicate Dallas because nobody has a 7 footer who runs like a point guard and hits jumpers from the parking lot.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 10:35:13 AM »
"A Dallas type team"?  Sure if by that you mean they are both in Texas.  Dirk is completely unique in this league.  No team can duplicate Dallas because nobody has a 7 footer who runs like a point guard and hits jumpers from the parking lot.
By Dallas-type team I mean a team that can put alot of points up on the board and do it very efficently.  I'm not saying they would look exactly like Dallas but the Spurs have just as many weapons now as the Mavs.  They just choose to be a more defensive minded team than an offensive one.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Guest_Randy

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004, 11:43:08 AM »
You are comparing apples and oranges with the Spurs/Mavs.  Nellie likes to run and gun -- and almost the ENTIRE Mavs team likes to run.  The Spurs take advantage of fastbreaks when possible but they are better at the halfcourt (one of the reasons why they succeed in the playoffs when the Mavs fail).  

The Spurs are a defense first team -- offense is a secondary concern -- Mavs are completely the opposite (although their defense IS much better this year).  The Mavs still need to work on their halfcourt offense although it has improved -- it still needs work.  

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2004, 12:35:42 PM »
You are comparing apples and oranges with the Spurs/Mavs.  Nellie likes to run and gun -- and almost the ENTIRE Mavs team likes to run.  The Spurs take advantage of fastbreaks when possible but they are better at the halfcourt (one of the reasons why they succeed in the playoffs when the Mavs fail).  

The Spurs are a defense first team -- offense is a secondary concern -- Mavs are completely the opposite (although their defense IS much better this year).  The Mavs still need to work on their halfcourt offense although it has improved -- it still needs work.
By Dallas-type team I mean a team that can put alot of points up on the board and do it very efficently. I'm not saying they would look exactly like Dallas but the Spurs have just as many weapons now as the Mavs. They just choose to be a more defensive minded team than an offensive one.