Author Topic: team starbucks does it again!  (Read 655 times)

its me SPURSX3

team starbucks does it again!
« on: December 08, 2004, 11:16:16 PM »
Damn sad to see we lost, but i am not too worried only 4 losses at this point of the season, this is stillour best loss and i trust my team will figure seattle out come playoff time.  but could you believe that 3rd quarter!!!  that was unreal, i couldnt believe the gear the Spurs put it in in that quarter!!  Seattle is a for real dark horse this season no doubt, but i still say it s the Spurs season to lose.  great game IMO, even though the ending wasnt how i wanted it.    :cheers:

Guest_Randy

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 01:01:34 AM »
Isn't it amazing how much difference Danny Fortson brings to this team?  I mean it's not like he's putting up huge numbers -- he just brings that toughness that the Sonics have been looking for -- and they've been looking for it for YEARS!!!

This definately helps the Sonics establish their rights to be considered something other than a fluke.  They have managed to beat SA TWICE, in addition to beating Minnesota, SacTown, and Indy.  One win against SA might be considered a fluke but two wins?  The first by nine -- the second by six.  I certainly didn't think Seattle was going to be this tough.  They are the talk of the town -- well, at least since the Seahawks took a dive.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 09:38:15 AM »
Isn't it amazing how much difference Danny Fortson brings to this team?  I mean it's not like he's putting up huge numbers -- he just brings that toughness that the Sonics have been looking for -- and they've been looking for it for YEARS!!!

This definately helps the Sonics establish their rights to be considered something other than a fluke.  They have managed to beat SA TWICE, in addition to beating Minnesota, SacTown, and Indy.  One win against SA might be considered a fluke but two wins?  The first by nine -- the second by six.  I certainly didn't think Seattle was going to be this tough.  They are the talk of the town -- well, at least since the Seahawks took a dive.
Fortson - and thier free throw shooting.  free throws is what really killed us, you cant send them to the line becuase they shoot a very high percentage from the free throw line - forston didnt miss a single one that i can remember.  Yeah they are a surprise, malik really helped motivate us inside and i think Pop will start him as center next time we meet, and make sure we press seattle form the tip off as well.  One of our sports writers here is saying this is where someone like malone would have helped us. maybe and elbow to fortson or james to intimidate the inside (maybe even a boot to the head).  I dont know, I think we need to play all out defense.  the first we allowed them to push our bigs around and outrebound us - who would have thought the sonics would outrebound US!  we can get them, i have faith we are the better team despite the two losses, the Spurs usually find a way to crack your shell and when they do they go for it full throttle.....well in the Sonics case we got to find a way to let all the coffee beans out...  :alcohol:  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.