Author Topic: Wow, is Seattle REALLY for real?  (Read 799 times)

Guest_Randy

Wow, is Seattle REALLY for real?
« on: December 09, 2004, 11:26:26 PM »
Seattle just beat Dallas tonight -- making back-to-back wins against SA and Dallas on the ROAD!!!  Fortson is definately vying for MVP of the league -- just because of the change that this guy has made on this Seattle team (this award would be given to Fortson based on Joey V.'s criteria for an MVP -- the player who a team can't do without).  Seattle has only lost THREE games -- one to Portland, one to Boston and one to the Clips (this game was without Fortson who was injured).  

Seattle has beaten SA twice, Dallas once, Minny once and SacTown once -- THREE of those wins were on the road (SA, Minny and Dallas).  

I guess we have to start taking Seattle for real!

jn

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 09:52:24 AM »
I thought Fortson would be great. For DALLAS!  After his struggles there last year I started thinking his numbers for the Warriors were a fluke.  

Guest_Randy

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 10:12:54 AM »
I was actually going to comment on that next, Jn, but it was time to get off the 'puter and tuck the kids in bed -- never made it back.  Glad to hear that it's interesting that Fortson is doing in Seattle EXACTLY what Dallas needed?  And yet he couldn't do it in Dallas?  I think Nellie has a mindset for players and they have to fit into this role -- Fortson, IMO, does a LOT of the things that Najera did but somehow Najera fit in Nellie's thinking but Fortson didn't.  I think Nellie likes players who MOVE on the court -- Fortson doesn't do much of that -- but he is a tough enforcer player who will provide the intangibles.  That's exactly what Fortson is doing in Seattle -- and Fortson's presence has affected the team -- ESPECIALLY Rashard Lewis.  

rickortreat

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 11:32:48 AM »
Has an outside shooting team ever won the title?  Not saying these guys can't, it's just that it's rare to have so many good outside shooters that you can bomb away all night, collect enough of your misses and outscore the other team.

I guess the real question is can they keep shooting at  a high percentage.  So far it looks like they can.

The three-point line is way out there in the NBA, too far for most teams to be able to defend properly.  Tradeing 3 for 2 everytime down the floor will win you a lot of games if you can shoot an equal percentage.