Author Topic: About the scorers table  (Read 932 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
About the scorers table
« on: November 23, 2004, 10:41:47 AM »
Is there not NBA protocol as to whether or not a player can sit or lie down on it?

I'm not dissing Artest, he was trying to chill out.  Should he not have know tho.  Especially in light of MLBs recent spat with Texas Rangers relief pitcher hurling chair at fans near bullpen, was this not a wake up call for NBA to reaffirm with players what is and is not boundries?  

I read a quote from Scott Pollard saying how the players did not know what to do.
Have not SternFish, Stooge and the players sat down and discussed/have written in their code of conduct info on scorers table?  I believe they do.  They must.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
About the scorers table
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 11:34:09 AM »
Is there not NBA protocol as to whether or not a player can sit or lie down on it?

I'm not dissing Artest, he was trying to chill out.  Should he not have know tho.  Especially in light of MLBs recent spat with Texas Rangers relief pitcher hurling chair at fans near bullpen, was this not a wake up call for NBA to reaffirm with players what is and is not boundries?  

I read a quote from Scott Pollard saying how the players did not know what to do.
Have not SternFish, Stooge and the players sat down and discussed/have written in their code of conduct info on scorers table?  I believe they do.  They must.
I see players sit on it all the time so I don't see why it would be a problem.  I am sure they were happy to see him laying down then getting in Wallace's face.........up until the cup hit him of course.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
About the scorers table
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 12:11:59 PM »
Quote from: westkoast,Nov 23 2004, 04:34 PM
I see players sit on it all the time so I don't see why it would be a problem.  I am sure they were happy to see him laying down then getting in Wallace's face.........up until the cup hit him of course. [/QUOTE]
Exactly.  Up until the cup hit.  The fact that it (table sitting or in this case the much more involved table laying) hasn't been a problem in the past did not mean it would not lead up to one as it did.

Table manners must be in the NBA protocol.

What a lucky bottle toss by that creep.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 12:12:58 PM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
About the scorers table
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2004, 06:29:04 PM »
Quote from: westkoast,Nov 23 2004, 04:34 PM
I see players sit on it all the time so I don't see why it would be a problem.  I am sure they were happy to see him laying down then getting in Wallace's face.........up until the cup hit him of course.
Exactly.  Up until the cup hit.  The fact that it (table sitting or in this case the much more involved table laying) hasn't been a problem in the past did not mean it would not lead up to one as it did.

Table manners must be in the NBA protocol.

What a lucky bottle toss by that creep. [/quote]
 I think it is in the rule book right next to coaches leaving the box.  Sure its in the book but they rarely ever enforce it.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com