Author Topic: Heat vs Jazz  (Read 787 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Heat vs Jazz
« on: November 19, 2004, 02:07:32 PM »
At Miami.

Early season statement game.  Lots of season left, still at present a statement game.  Both are wanting to prove they belong in the upper.

Heat 6-3
all 6 wins vs EC, 3 losses to WConf SAS, MN, and Dallas.

Utah 6-2
Bolt to 4-0 and since is 2-2.

Heat Dwayne Wade has been fantastic.  Playing on nicked ankle tho, i dont think Heat are saying how his ankle really is.  Shraq relatively healthy and very consistent.  Udonis Haslem solid, i like the way he plays.  Key to me is Eddie Jones.  For the most part he has sucked big time.  37% field 29% treys.  He also jacks up a lot of shots when the Heat are in no position to O rebound.  However, had "breakout" game vs Milwaukee on Wed night.

Utah with Boozer putting up Malone #s.  Key as we all know is Jazz ability to play team ball.  Will see how Sloan tackles Shraq tonight.  Hack a Shraq has proved thusfar to be successful.  Jazz had lead vs Orlando before Steve Francis started hitting.  A little surprised Sloan went with Arroyo as much as he did and Keith McLoed as little.  I knew when Arroyo came back he'd get minutes but i thought Sloan might half and half it for a while. McLoed has done well IMO in UTahs 4-1 start.

I'm gonna pick Heat and won't be surprised at all if Jazz outteam them.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2004, 02:23:04 PM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Heat vs Jazz
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 02:13:50 PM »
I'm going with the Jazz 2night.  They still are playing very good defensive basketball.  

Wade, with the exception of TD, has yet to see very strong/fast post defenders.  I don't think he will do too well when AK and Boozer are challenging him when he breaks down the defense.

Shaq will be Shaq.  He will get his points and do damage to the front line but if the game is close he will lose it for them.  39% from the FT line?  Jeeeeezzzzz

Someone else has to step up tonight.  With the kind of team defense the Jazz have shown, I don't think it will happen.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2004, 02:14:54 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Heat vs Jazz
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 05:08:52 PM »
Jazz have too many weapons and a strong team defense.  Miami to win needs a third guy to step up offensively.  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Heat vs Jazz
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2004, 12:16:15 AM »
I've only seen the highlights once but the end of regulation AK-47 would- be-game-ending block of Wade looked sweet.  Fill me in if any of you taped or saw replays.  This coming after AK-47 had just stolen the ball from Wade and fed Boozer for the 90-88 Utah lead.

Block was called a foul because well after the shot was launched one of their hands touched.  Wade hits both FTs with no time for the tie forcing OT.

"A great call," Wade said, grinning.

Edit:   Just saw a good slo mo replay.  You know AK-47 hit Wade almost immediately after he released.  Pretty good call.  That can mess up your shot.
I think the NBA rules book supports the call also.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2004, 02:10:03 AM by Reality »