Author Topic: Staying with the basketball theme  (Read 1113 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Staying with the basketball theme
« on: October 14, 2004, 10:58:18 AM »
link to story

"We're far apart on what we both see his value as being, and I'm not optimistic at the moment," said agent Marc Fleisher, who left with no deal in hand after coming to Salt Lake City for a face-to-face meeting with Jazz basketball operations senior vice president Kevin O'Connor.
     "We met (Tuesday) night," Fleisher added Wednesday afternoon, "and I think there's a big disparity in what we see as Andrei's value."
      The deadline for agreeing to an extension before this season is Oct. 31, and Fleisher said it is possible things can change before then.
      But Kirilenko's side is standing firm on its demand for Pau Gasol money, meaning an extension just like the six-year, roughly $86 million deal Memphis recently gave to its big man from Spain.
      The Jazz apparently are offering much less to their forward from Russia — perhaps even less than $76 million over six seasons that, as of last week, they were believed to be willing to pay.
      "I think we believe Andrei is in the same class as Pau Gasol," said Fleisher, 

IMO this is a no brainer for the Jazz.  AK is their cornerstone.  He deserves as much as Gasol got from the Grizzlies or Jefferson got from the Nets.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 01:59:21 PM »
link to story

"We're far apart on what we both see his value as being, and I'm not optimistic at the moment," said agent Marc Fleisher, who left with no deal in hand after coming to Salt Lake City for a face-to-face meeting with Jazz basketball operations senior vice president Kevin O'Connor.
     "We met (Tuesday) night," Fleisher added Wednesday afternoon, "and I think there's a big disparity in what we see as Andrei's value."
      The deadline for agreeing to an extension before this season is Oct. 31, and Fleisher said it is possible things can change before then.
      But Kirilenko's side is standing firm on its demand for Pau Gasol money, meaning an extension just like the six-year, roughly $86 million deal Memphis recently gave to its big man from Spain.
      The Jazz apparently are offering much less to their forward from Russia — perhaps even less than $76 million over six seasons that, as of last week, they were believed to be willing to pay.

IMO this is a no brainer for the Jazz.  AK is their cornerstone.  He deserves as much as Gasol got from the Grizzlies or Jefferson got from the Nets.
Actually I think he deserves more.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 02:11:05 PM »
link to story

Actually I think he deserves more.
Being a fan who likes to see great defense....I say AK is worth just as much if not more.  AK is twice the defender Gasol is.  Both one on one and team d.  Gasol is better offensively (looking at numbers) but that is because he is much more of a focus on his team than AK is with the Jazz.  
« Last Edit: October 14, 2004, 02:12:21 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com