Author Topic: Tension between Kidd and Nets.  (Read 1206 times)

jn

Tension between Kidd and Nets.
« on: October 08, 2004, 11:07:57 AM »
As ESPN commented, this translates in to mid season trade.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6201859/

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 05:50:55 PM »
Wouldnt you be pissed too?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

rickortreat

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 10:20:56 PM »
Can't really blame Kidd.  He is injured and needs to heal before he can practice,  I don't understand why the Nets are giving him a hard time about that.

And, by tradeing away their talent, they took away the reason Kidd went to the Nets in the first place.  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2004, 10:38:13 AM »
Nets beef is not that Kidd wont participate in practice, but rather that he wont attend and thus learn the offense/defense whatever Dogie Howser is presenting.  

I can see the Nets point of view, we are paying you 14 mill a year therefore get your arse to company meetings.  However if Kidd truly is doing rehabb stuff at night, ie stretching, icing, whatever then that should take preference.

Its ironic, Nets management sucks so bad.  The most overpaid moves in history of NBA in signing Mt. Tumble and Zo only to turn around and do a fire sale.  Its like what difference does it make if Kidd shows up or not.

Still as the employer, and since they are obviously crap canning NJ and building towards the Manhattan Nets, as long as Kiddy pulls a paycheck they should call the practice attendance shots.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2004, 01:21:46 PM »
Nets beef is not that Kidd wont participate in practice, but rather that he wont attend and thus learn the offense/defense whatever Dogie Howser is presenting. 

I can see the Nets point of view, we are paying you 14 mill a year therefore get your arse to company meetings.  However if Kidd truly is doing rehabb stuff at night, ie stretching, icing, whatever then that should take preference.

Its ironic, Nets management sucks so bad.  The most overpaid moves in history of NBA in signing Mt. Tumble and Zo only to turn around and do a fire sale.  Its like what difference does it make if Kidd shows up or not.

Still as the employer, and since they are obviously crap canning NJ and building towards the Manhattan Nets, as long as Kiddy pulls a paycheck they should call the practice attendance shots.
NJ has a point.  Kidd should show up to watch the offense.....BUT the offense is going to be drastically different once he is able to play.  On top of that, how much different is Frank going to make the offense?  Pretty much the only way this team is going to be able to compete is by having Kidd run the offense the way he wants on the break.  They dont have Martin in the post anymore.  Rodney Rogers?  What other big men do they have that can do any kind of damage in the paint?  Or at least pull defenders away from the basket like Rogers did for them.  We already know Richard Jefferson can't hit jump shots consistantly.

This team lives and dies with Kidd.  Unless management is itching to dump Kidd too (Damn that Ratner and Jayz!)  I don't see the point of making a big deal out of this.  Its not like there is a brand new system being put into place.  The offense evolves around him and how healthy he is.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2004, 01:22:25 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Guest_Randy

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2004, 02:23:07 PM »
The Nets are in a no win situation here -- they have dumped Martin and Kittles for just about nothing in return and now they wonder why Kidd is upset?  They did pony up for Jefferson but that, IMO, was just to keep someone on the payroll that might help fill seats.  IMO, the Nets would like nothing better than to help Kidd obtain a different zipcode -- but who will trade them for a tremendous point guard who has serious health problems?  Toronto for VC?  Yeah, that would probably work but neither player wants to move to just another team at the bottom of the pond.  The only place that they might be able to gain any talent is, perhaps, Portland, who would love to rid themselves of Zach Randolph right now.  I think Portland would rather have someone to build a future on though, not a present -- and the Nets would also have to take another player (Portland will probably insist on Ruben Patterson -- they ought to anyway since they would have the Nets over the barrel) and the Nets don't need OR want Patterson.  Of course, Portland also now has NVE so they don't need THREE PG's (still counting Mighty Mouse as a PG).  Perhaps they would be happy to trade for Kidd if NJ took Stoudamire and Randolph in return but NJ would only pull that trigger if they didn't have any other choice.

I don't see Kidd going anywhere for this kind of money -- it's the same situation as Philly with AI and Toronto with VC -- with health issues and your taking a BIG risk -- that's not something most GM's want to do in the lottery era.