Author Topic: Rap music  (Read 1347 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Rap music
« on: September 14, 2004, 07:50:29 AM »
i was checking out there videos at launch.yahoo.com last night, d 12 has always been cool IMO, LL has had some better days, but what do you guys think about the latest tracks from both groups.  Launch has two of D12's vidoes up to watch - eminem of course is on both, which in my opinion makes both of their radio songs worth listenning to.  "How come" is a good one, em seems to be great at telling a story in this one - i think he is best at this style of writing rather then just dissing everyone in sight for anything the could have been conceived as a diss - the rest of the group seems like they could hold their own lyrically.  i would probably buy this cd just to hear Em on the track.  anyone out there buy this yet?  what do you think of it?

as for LL, this "headsprung" song sounds cool, better then a lot of his past stuff - timberland has a lot to do with that though - havent really been into LL in a number of years now, still cant say i would give this album a chance, but it seems like he is back on track a bit.  there is a peice of another LL song at the end of the video, he is basically bragging about himself as usual, but he mentions not having to use a ghost writer...which i can respect, but still, why the hell is def jam bringing in Timberland to make his track sound better?  i dont know, to me the lyricist should cell the album - and THEN the beat, LL still seems weak to me...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Rap music
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 10:55:10 AM »
Ive got the new d-12....its a solid album.  Nothing mindblowing or ground breaking but its cool to listen to in the car/on your computer.  'How Come' is a good track.  '40 oz' is a funny track.  Im sure you've heard 'My Band' the rest of the album has a few cuts.  The lyrics really stand out from all the members including Eminem.  Dont let Eminem's stardom eclipse the rest of the group, they ALL are lyrical.  Em's best friend and 2nd in command in d-12, Proof, is quite the MC (the guy Future in 8 Mile is suppose to be based on Proof).

Head sprung is a good single but the rest of the album is going to be butt cheeks.  Unless of course you are all about the beats, then you can never go wrong with Timbaland.  Like you I havent been listening to LL period, except when I pop in his albums from the 80s (cant beat the album 'radio' with a baseball bat).  Not worth it to take a chance with LL's love songs.  We are on the same page when it comes to the MC being the star of the album and not the producer.  Its always a bad look for a legend like LL to get outshined on his own album by the production.

I am the self proclaimed king of hip hop round these parts so lemme know if you are looking for something or want my input.

http://www.soundclick.com/djkoastmusic.htm  

^---check out some music there not sure when the last time it was updated...its streaming.  Has a few remixes you might like that are older.  Like 6 months or so. Oh btw, thats me ;)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2004, 11:00:14 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Rap music
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 11:15:13 AM »
Ive got the new d-12....its a solid album.  Nothing mindblowing or ground breaking but its cool to listen to in the car/on your computer.  'How Come' is a good track.  '40 oz' is a funny track.  Im sure you've heard 'My Band' the rest of the album has a few cuts.  The lyrics really stand out from all the members including Eminem.  Dont let Eminem's stardom eclipse the rest of the group, they ALL are lyrical.  Em's best friend and 2nd in command in d-12, Proof, is quite the MC (the guy Future in 8 Mile is suppose to be based on Proof).

Head sprung is a good single but the rest of the album is going to be butt cheeks.  Unless of course you are all about the beats, then you can never go wrong with Timbaland.  Like you I havent been listening to LL period, except when I pop in his albums from the 80s (cant beat the album 'radio' with a baseball bat).  Not worth it to take a chance with LL's love songs.  We are on the same page when it comes to the MC being the star of the album and not the producer.  Its always a bad look for a legend like LL to get outshined on his own album by the production.

I am the self proclaimed king of hip hop round these parts so lemme know if you are looking for something or want my input.

^---check out some music there not sure when the last time it was updated...its streaming.  Has a few remixes you might like that are older.  Like 6 months or so. Oh btw, thats me ;)
I used to listen to nothing but hip hop up until about a year ago...

probably because the one hip hop radio station we had at the time  played the SAME songs over and over again, and then when they did play a new song...it would sound just like the other stuff they played.  i started to move more towards rock - sorry dude, but i need something different and i got burned out on rap.  we finally got another hip hop format station in town and they play a much better variety of songs, NO station here would play NAS for example, now they do.  so now with more variety coming out i am more interested in getting back into it.  thats why i was going through launch to check out the videos, see whats hot right now and whats not...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Rap music
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 11:20:07 AM »
Ive got the new d-12....its a solid album.  Nothing mindblowing or ground breaking but its cool to listen to in the car/on your computer.  'How Come' is a good track.  '40 oz' is a funny track.  Im sure you've heard 'My Band' the rest of the album has a few cuts.  The lyrics really stand out from all the members including Eminem.  Dont let Eminem's stardom eclipse the rest of the group, they ALL are lyrical.  Em's best friend and 2nd in command in d-12, Proof, is quite the MC (the guy Future in 8 Mile is suppose to be based on Proof).

Head sprung is a good single but the rest of the album is going to be butt cheeks.  Unless of course you are all about the beats, then you can never go wrong with Timbaland.  Like you I havent been listening to LL period, except when I pop in his albums from the 80s (cant beat the album 'radio' with a baseball bat).  Not worth it to take a chance with LL's love songs.  We are on the same page when it comes to the MC being the star of the album and not the producer.  Its always a bad look for a legend like LL to get outshined on his own album by the production.

^---check out some music there not sure when the last time it was updated...its streaming.  Has a few remixes you might like that are older.  Like 6 months or so. Oh btw, thats me ;)
I used to listen to nothing but hip hop up until about a year ago...

probably because the one hip hop radio station we had at the time  played the SAME songs over and over again, and then when they did play a new song...it would sound just like the other stuff they played.  i started to move more towards rock - sorry dude, but i need something different and i got burned out on rap.  we finally got another hip hop format station in town and they play a much better variety of songs, NO station here would play NAS for example, now they do.  so now with more variety coming out i am more interested in getting back into it.  thats why i was going through launch to check out the videos, see whats hot right now and whats not...
Its not just your local radio station....its all the mainstream radio stations and alot of the mainstream artists.  A whole bunch of boring cookie cutter crapola if you ask me.  Im more of an underground hip hop fan but there are alot of mainstream artists/groups I like.  Being a DJ I always have to keep up on the newest club/radio records tho.  At the end of the night its still all about getting the girls on the dance floor ;)

Btw, the new Nas album got leaked to my buddy and its going to be something special.  Nas never disapoints but the 4 tracks I heard were crazy.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com