Author Topic: So is Marc Gasol still a scrub?  (Read 5505 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
So is Marc Gasol still a scrub?
« on: April 27, 2011, 03:42:51 PM »
Just a few stats:

Currently holding Tim Duncan to his lowest point total in a series for his entire career (12.8)

Has shown he can score (25 in game 1) and rebound with the best of em (17 in game 2)

Is a major factor, along with Zach Randolph, as to why the Grizz are getting ready to pull off a one of the biggest upsets in NBA history.

Still considered a scrub?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Rolando Blackman

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - roblkman
    • View Profile
    • Email
No...the Magic are Jeff Beck
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 05:53:45 PM »
They are going down
Sellouts to the left of me
Fearmongers to the right
Global Warming is here
Is this the fall of night?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: No...the Magic are Jeff Beck
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 10:38:39 PM »
They are going down

Who the Spurs?  ;D

Marc Gasol put together another solid playoff  performance  with 12 points 13 rebounds with 5 on the offensive glass, and 2 blocks and in a close out game none the less.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: So is Marc Gasol still a scrub?
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 10:58:08 PM »
Greggor Pop can make another teams two bigs look very good.
Along with good shots, every prayer ZBo threw up fell in.

But yes i say trade Mark Gasol for Pao Gasol straight across.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 11:11:28 PM »
Greggor Pop can make another teams two bigs look very good.
Along with good shots, every prayer ZBo threw up fell in.

But yes i say trade Mark Gasol for Pao Gasol straight across.

Except the trade wasn't for Marc Gasol and Pau Gasol straight across.  It was for an expiring contract so they could clear money to go after guys like Zach Randolph and for a young 7 foot prospect in Marc Gasol.  After the number they did on Duncan this series is looks to me like maybe that trade, while favoring the Lakers, wasn't as one sided as some wanted to make it around here.

Hay if you can't blame the refs or a conspiracy theory involving a big market tv deal with Sternfish why not just blame the coach of the team you probably won't be rooting for in the coming years! 

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 11:24:45 AM »
Rrrright.  They traded Pao Gasol so they could go after a guy like Zach Randolph.  ;)
"Warehouse."

Anywho Gasol looked pretty good at times vs Spurs.
Course when a frontline D that consists of Matty Bonner at the PF it's not too hard to look pretty good.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 11:39:08 AM »
Rrrright.  They traded Pao Gasol so they could go after a guy like Zach Randolph.  ;)
"Warehouse."

Anywho Gasol looked pretty good at times vs Spurs.
Course when a frontline D that consists of Matty Bonner at the PF it's not too hard to look pretty good.

You need cap space/money in order to sign players like Zach Randolph.  He  makes 16 million a year which is not small bananas .  They had a number of contracts that they moved and expired prior to getting him, 9 million of which came off the books when they decided not to resign Kwame after the 08 season.  They traded Pau Gasol to get an expiring contract (to make moves) and for a young prospect 7 footer.  Marc Gasol is shaping up to be a solid big man (nothing too crazy) and the Grizz were able to make moves to land other players which have put them in a very good position this year.  They could upset the Thunder just the same and make it to the Western Conference finals.   Again, while that trade favored the Lakers like I said the Grizz made the trade for further down the line and the Lakers for right now while Kobe was still able to play at a high level.

One might even argue that Marc Gasol is going to end up being a much better defender than his brother.  I don't think Pau Gasol would have been able to guard Duncan that well for a whole series.

Oh Matt Bonner as opposed to Fabs or Nazr Mohammed?  ::)

EDIT:  Game 1 upset of Thunder....Marc Gasol - 20 points 13 rebounds 4 assists 3 blocks on 9 for 11 shooting.  Continue to dance around the fact that the trade was for an expiring contract and Marc Gasol.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 02:41:35 PM by westkoast »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 01:03:42 AM »
I'm gonna switch now to a method i use often when dealing with Laker Krishnas.
Here is a response to you from Joe V.

Gasol was on the market for quite a while before that.  And it was Kobe's threats BEFORE the season that made it impending that the team listen during the season.  And most folks who live OUTSIDE of LA tend to think that the deal was INCREDIBLY one-sided to the point of ridiculous.  There's not a single person ANYWHERE that WOULDN'T have made that deal if they were LA....bunch of scrubs for an All-Star big man.  Yes, it happened when Bynum went down, but that deal was absolutely brain-dead for LA.  It's not like they went after Brendan Haywood or Samuel Dalembert or a warm body.  Chicago and others were in the market for Gasol, and it has been pointed out that other discussions for more value were out there at the time he was dealt.

There will be more.  ;)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 01:51:00 PM »
I'm gonna switch now to a method i use often when dealing with Laker Krishnas.
Here is a response to you from Joe V.

Gasol was on the market for quite a while before that.  And it was Kobe's threats BEFORE the season that made it impending that the team listen during the season.  And most folks who live OUTSIDE of LA tend to think that the deal was INCREDIBLY one-sided to the point of ridiculous.  There's not a single person ANYWHERE that WOULDN'T have made that deal if they were LA....bunch of scrubs for an All-Star big man.  Yes, it happened when Bynum went down, but that deal was absolutely brain-dead for LA.  It's not like they went after Brendan Haywood or Samuel Dalembert or a warm body.  Chicago and others were in the market for Gasol, and it has been pointed out that other discussions for more value were out there at the time he was dealt.

There will be more.  ;)

Will be more of what?  You dancing around a point?

'Bunch of scrubs for an all star'  What scrub has a 20 point 13 rebounds 3 block 4 assist game in the playoffs?  Coming off a double double the last series and a hell of a defensive number on Tim Duncan the round before.  Everyone saying it was nothing for everything is exactly why I made this thread.  Maybe you can use your own words instead of copy and pasting someone else said.  We all know had Blair or Fabs posted this same stat line you would be pissing yourself with glee.

Or better yet, you can answer the question that this topic is about instead of trying to steer it off course.  I know with Manu fishing so early you are a bit thrown off with this extra time you have now but use it wisely and form your own thoughts.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 10:38:20 AM »
Will be more of what?  You dancing around a point?

'Bunch of scrubs for an all star'  What scrub has a 20 point 13 rebounds 3 block 4 assist game in the playoffs?  Coming off a double double the last series and a hell of a defensive number on Tim Duncan the round before.  Everyone saying it was nothing for everything is exactly why I made this thread.  Maybe you can use your own words instead of copy and pasting someone else said.  We all know had Blair or Fabs posted this same stat line you would be pissing yourself with glee.

Or better yet, you can answer the question that this topic is about instead of trying to steer it off course.  I know with Manu fishing so early you are a bit thrown off with this extra time you have now but use it wisely and form your own thoughts.
Oh B-Rad, you haven't changed a bit.
As to your above fabrications, witness my post on Marc Gasol after his 3rd game.  ;)

Reality
Marc Gasol doing 27 and 16

? on: November 04, 2008, 11:29:41 AM ?
Last seasons midseason Collusion took another twist last night. 
Lakers 2007 second round draft pick Marc Gasol, ironically traded to the Griz as part of the Pao scam, put down 27 pts and 16 boards in a win last night.
Granted, it was vs pourous defense Golden State, but still, 27/16 is a Fabslike performance for any rookie.

Could this give Laker Boardies and Perple n Goldens at large fuel for their faux justification fires?

After your OP of "Still considered a scrub?", I took the threads topic and "*trying to steer it off course*" by quoting Joe as calling MGasol a scrub.  What steering!  :D

Now I am changing the subject a bit....
Are you and W.O.W. still attending burqua and mascara parties hosted by Kobme?  Did you celebrate another clutch end game performance by him last night?  Disbelief he didn't get the call when he fell down and tried blaming it on Jason Kidd. 
Stay classy.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 06:15:33 AM »
Gasol 1-1 vs Memph as last nights game he was not terrible but was merely average.
Again, this opponent that Gasol if facing isn't a Gregg Popovich coached team featuring Matt Bonner as the PF.

So lets see how Gasol does back home as the next two games are at Memphis.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2011, 12:20:25 PM »
Quote weaksause 2009 June 24th when Zach Randolph was still on the Clippers:  :D :D
I am sure the Clippers would LOVE to move that big contract they screwed up giving him.

Zach really should be the one to go but I don't think anyone wants to take him and his attitude.  Don't even need to bring up his horrible contract.

Offline Rolando Blackman

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - roblkman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Magic is right
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2011, 09:18:20 PM »
Hey y'all:

Prior to the 2011 playoffs (playoffs?!), Zach Randolph was best known as a 'Jail BlaZer', and Marc Gasol was the brother of 'Paul'. Magic's maxim "You make your name in the regular season, your fame in the playoffs" is as true as 'Moore's Law'...right, Dabods? AmaZing, considering that randolph has largely labored in obscurity despite his career 20/10 average, but think about the sucky teams he has been with.

rb
Shaq #1
Sellouts to the left of me
Fearmongers to the right
Global Warming is here
Is this the fall of night?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2011, 04:59:16 PM »
Gasols gm 3 was average at best.
Randolphs beasting and Westbrooks playing like Kombe in the 4th were the main factors in the OKC collapse/Grizzley win.

Still, Marc Gasol is playing and looking at a potential WCFinals.  Lets see what Game 4 brings.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2011, 10:08:41 AM »
26/21 in 57 minutes of 3 OT heartbreaker loss.
Marc Gasol is definitely playing a Fabslike/Man From Nazr role for a coach who knows how to coach.

So westkoast, in the event you haven't completely skiddadled, question now is, which is the better trade of bigs?
Orlando gets Marc Gasol and ____ (Conley?) in a S&T for Dwight Howard or the impending scam of Lamar Odom or Bynum for Howard?