Author Topic: David Stern ~ the sheriff that didn't even need to fire  (Read 1831 times)

Offline RolandoBlackman

• View Profile
    • Email
David Stern ~ the sheriff that didn't even need to fire
« on: March 19, 2011, 09:46:09 PM »
Hey, y'all:

David Stern, after a particularly (to him, at least) rancorous diatribe recently by the even~normally shrill Stan Van Gundy had had enough guff from him. 'I don't think you will be hearing any more from him this year," replied a taciturn Stern when queried about Van Gundy's remarks. And guess what? Not a peep from anyone in Orlando, nothing since Stern's pronouncement. Now THAT is power...let's see if Stern can deal with the upcoming CBA tsunami better than Roger Goodell and the NFL have.

There can be little doubt that Stern wields greater power in the sport he presides over than anyone since Juan Antonio Samaranch (of Olympics fame)...I'm just sayin'!

~ RB
Shaq #1
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 10:28:57 PM by RolandoBlackman »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: David Stern ~ the sheriff that didn't even need to fire
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 12:48:27 PM »
They cut some kind of deal where they wouldn't go out of their way to fine him if Orlando management talked to him.  They did and he shut up.

David Stern only wants praise for growing the league and doesn't want any negative comments about him anywhere.  He'll pat himself on the back for the growth but doesn't want any blame for letting the league leak money.  This seems like one of those situations again.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Rolando Blackman

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - roblkman
    • View Profile
    • Email
That was deep...yeah, right
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 07:28:48 AM »
That was like reading a Thomas Pynchon novel...except I don't have the cryptogaphic skills to decipher it!
I never saw any reason to have to struggle with drivel...I still bear a grudge with my English Lit professor that forced us to read Pynchon. Total nonsense that requires an accompanying book to understand. At least the pompous Mailer made sense!

~ RB
Shaq #1
Sellouts to the left of me
Fearmongers to the right
Global Warming is here
Is this the fall of night?