Author Topic: Andrew Bynum  (Read 2113 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Andrew Bynum
« on: March 17, 2011, 10:54:49 AM »
If this is what this cat can play like when he's reasonably healthy, then he has no rivals in the NBA save Dwight Howard.

This kid is playing like most of us felt he could and the trade talks have become (for now) a thing of the past. The most incomprehensible trade in the NBA in quite some time, at least on the Boston side, just assured LA that should they face the "Kelts" in the Finals (my hope) they will not have the length or the inside presence to beat LA over 7 games. In fact, the way they're playing right now, I don't think any team has the length to beat LA, they can absolutely suffocate any team in the post defensively and overwhelm them down low on the other end. And a huge factor has been Bynum's play in the paint, his aggressiveness, his rebounding, his freethrow shooting, since the break he has been dominant, and his facial expressions tell me he is a man on a mission.

Still, every time he goes up for a rebound I cringe just a little bit.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 08:31:50 PM by Laker Fan »
Dan

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Andrew Bynum
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 01:31:24 PM »
I am praying to the basketball gods that he is finally realizing that rebounding and defending the paint is more important than scoring points.  Not just for the team but for himself as a player.  When he grabs 18 rebounds and blocks 4 shots in a game it is more impressive than him getting the 10-15 points but he never saw that.  He was going down Shaq Lane with the idea he needed to score 30 points and the rebounding/defending was secondary.

The guy is a good big man if he can stay healthy and focused.  I think he has taken a lot of flack on this board from just about everyone and I am hoping if he plays this way through out the playoffs he will finally turn those people around.  Of course it is hard to give him the benefit of the doubt because he really is so inconsistent both due to injury and his own mental break downs.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline RolandoBlackman

• View Profile
    • Email
Hasta la vista, Bynum
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 10:08:54 PM »
Hey wk!

Andrew Bynum, despite the hype he has received (hey, this IS la~la land) is deceptively good. As I watched him contain Dwight Howard in the Lakers' triumph over Orlando, one had to notice the size differential between Bynum and Howard ~ Andrew is noticeably larger than Dwight. Howard is not used to running up against an opponent of Bynum's size and athleticism...needless to say, he was less productive against Bynum's defense. However, because of his apparent susceptiblity to injury (penchant for visits to the Playboy mansion ~ another topic), Bynum is trade bait, especially now that he has demonstrated his prowess...I expect Mitch Kupchak to put together a deal immediately after the season ends while Bynum's stock is high. Kareem, ya done good!

~ RB
Shaq #1

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Andrew Bynum
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 07:36:41 PM »
Well hasn't figured out how to commit a hard foul yet.  His wipeout of Beasley was a bonehead move. 

How old is Bynum now?  Seems like he's still so young that it would be awfully hard to give him up. 

P.S.  Matt Barnes jawing after the hard foul was actually much more annoying than the foul himself.  Barnes is a complete sack of.......   Always has been. 
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes