Author Topic: Where do you think Melo is going to end up?  (Read 3149 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Where do you think Melo is going to end up?
« on: September 19, 2010, 02:11:56 PM »
Melo leaving Denver is a sure thing at this point.  Whether the Nuggets trade him to get something in return or he leaves once his contract is up he won't be in Colorado by next summer.  Where do you think he will end up?

The list of cities in the running so far:

Chicago
New York
Philly

Both Chicago and Philly could offer up solid young players (Noah or Andre) for Carmelo.  New York doesn't quite have as much talent to send but they do have Amare Stoudamire and he has roots in the state.  He played college ball in New York and both Melo and his wife are from New York.

Thoughts/Predictions?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Where do you think Melo is going to end up?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 09:56:05 AM »
I thought I heard some talk about there being a new big three in NY with Amare, Melo, and CP3.  I'm not sure where he might go but it would be very interesting to see those 3 together in NY.

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 11:29:07 AM »
I'd much rather be a 3rd wheel in a 'melo deal than actually trade for him.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 11:49:55 AM »
I thought I heard some talk about there being a new big three in NY with Amare, Melo, and CP3.  I'm not sure where he might go but it would be very interesting to see those 3 together in NY.

New York was the front runner for the longest time and then the Chicago talk heated up.  I think a Melo, CP3, Amare combo would be nice.  However I think a Melo, Rose, Boozer combo would be right up there as well.  It would be interesting to see either situation.

The Philly thing kind of came out of left field.  I just happen to see an article on ESPN.com about him going to the land of the cheese steak in passing.  DB do you think the Sixers would have to give up too much to  get Melo or are you just not that high on him to where you want to see him in the 6ers uniform in general?

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 12:25:38 PM »
I just can't see Anthony being the best player on a championship contender.  To me, he's like a better version of Alex English (to use a past Nuggets player),

If he's your 2nd or 3rd-best player, you're doing pretty well.  If he's your best player, you're looking at a lot of 'one-or-two and dones,' so to speak.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline Wolverine

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 12:27:52 PM »
I just can't see Anthony being the best player on a championship contender.  To me, he's like a better version of Alex English (to use a past Nuggets player),

If he's your 2nd or 3rd-best player, you're doing pretty well.  If he's your best player, you're looking at a lot of 'one-or-two and dones,' so to speak.

Guess I should follow up with - if he's playing in NY with Paul and Stoudemire, they'll be in good shape, because - IMO - CP3's the best player of that trio (although they're missing a banger up front - someone who can rebound and defend).

If he goes to Chicago - with Rose and Boozer - I wouldn't like their chances as much.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 01:55:12 PM »

Guess I should follow up with - if he's playing in NY with Paul and Stoudemire, they'll be in good shape, because - IMO - CP3's the best player of that trio (although they're missing a banger up front - someone who can rebound and defend).

If he goes to Chicago - with Rose and Boozer - I wouldn't like their chances as much.

Agreed, in Chicago it would be way too much isolation play for that team to get very far.  In NY, there would be a ton of motion and you could go to Melo when you need an isolation play or game winning shot.

Still, IMO they would be the "poor man's" dream team compared to the juggernaught in Miami.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 03:26:37 PM »

Agreed, in Chicago it would be way too much isolation play for that team to get very far.  In NY, there would be a ton of motion and you could go to Melo when you need an isolation play or game winning shot.

Still, IMO they would be the "poor man's" dream team compared to the juggernaught in Miami.

Why would you think there would be more motion with the Knicks?  Is that based strictly on Carlos Boozer?  Because he can run a pick and pop/pick and roll.  Not as good as Amare can but it certainly is doable for him.  As far as passing goes Rose is no slouch on that end.

Offline Wolverine

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 06:01:56 PM »

Yeah, Miami has two *clear* top-ten players in LeBron and Wade.  In the "Melo to NY" scenario, the only clear top ten is Paul.  That's just my opinion, though.

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 12:06:29 AM »
Word is that New Jersey is the front runner.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 02:52:43 PM »
If you are talking about ESPN-National Enquirer being the "word", they've flip flopped.
Not that Jersey is not a runner, but today they have the Bulls and Knicks in front.

One would think Anthony would want to do something similar to LeBron-Bosh-Wade, then again they sincerely want to win along with all the accolades they hope to get.
Marshmellow?  I'm not so sure he cares about winning.  We shall see.

Parkers name getting tossed around a lot as he is in a contract year.  Heard some total speculation but maybe it's not quite as crazy as it sounds, altho i think Denver can do much much better.  A three way with SuperByns to Denver, Marshmellow to Spurs, Parker to L.A. where the Lakers get a top point to replace Swisher and Eva and Tony can coexist their respective careers.  If Byns was healthy i would say sure, everyone wins.  But with his knee being iffy, i can't see Denver going for this.  Oh and of course Popovich has his forward of choice Richard Jefferson.   :D :D