Author Topic: Did Brett Farve look ancient last night?  (Read 1764 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Did Brett Farve look ancient last night?
« on: September 10, 2010, 10:12:35 AM »
Yes or No?  :D
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Did Brett Farve look ancient last night?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 10:04:38 AM »
He did, although I think he would have looked better if the O line was better and he didn't treat practice like Allen Iverson.

The line is really struggling so far.   McKinnie has never played to his full potential,  Hutchinson is a Hall of Fame caliber player but he is getting up there, Sullivan and Loadholt are good but young and in Sullivans case injured, and the others are journeymen at best. 

And for once an announcing crew was right about something.   Not having Sidney Rice as a security blanket hurt.

P.S.  I know we have some fantasy players here.   I'd just like to say I hope you picked better than I did.   Some of my picks were flat out terrible. 
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 11:14:01 AM »
He did, although I think he would have looked better if the O line was better and he didn't treat practice like Allen Iverson.

The line is really struggling so far.   McKinnie has never played to his full potential,  Hutchinson is a Hall of Fame caliber player but he is getting up there, Sullivan and Loadholt are good but young and in Sullivans case injured, and the others are journeymen at best. 

And for once an announcing crew was right about something.   Not having Sidney Rice as a security blanket hurt.
Yeah the home run floater touch pass Favre made to Shiancoe for the big gain leading to the touchdown was nails.

On the would-be 7-7 tie drive about 5 min before half, the Viks had progressed to the 23 and had 3rd and 9.
I thought the Ole Gunslinger made a beauty back shoulder timing pass for a 1st down to Bernard Berrian, who fumbled it.
Big missed op, by that time i had the feeling it was gonna be low scoring game.
Had to settle for field goal.
jn are there still some Favre-Coach Dr. Phil issues over play calling?  I'm not thrilled with Childress selection and reports had Favre telling this to teamates.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 02:51:50 PM »
jn are there still some Favre-Coach Dr. Phil issues over play calling?  I'm not thrilled with Childress selection and reports had Favre telling this to teamates.
Not Favre comments about the Viks-Saints game but rather in preseason leading up to it.
Something about a players only meeting and Favre saying he thought Childress was inept offensively.