Author Topic: Weekly Radio Show  (Read 3650 times)

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Weekly Radio Show
« on: November 19, 2009, 09:43:28 PM »
Hey guys,
FYI, Brian over at depressedfan.com and I are going to be starting up a weekly sixers internet radio shows (typically thursdays, but next week it will be monday).  feel free to listen and/or call in.  details at:
http://www.sixersbeat.com

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Weekly Radio Show
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 06:01:56 PM »
Interesting.  I may just have to tune in  8)

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 10:57:54 PM »
I've already talked to Mike Preston (Sixers head of PR).  We want to get a couple of shows under our belt to get some of the kinks out, but after that we shouldn't have much trouble getting some solid guest appearances.  I've worked with Mike in the past quite a bit.

Offline tk76

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 11:45:41 PM »
Sounds great- esp if you get guests.

Offline Welfare Fraud

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 02:00:02 AM »
awesome idea.. I'll definitely be checking it out

Offline tk76

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 09:13:55 PM »
A copy of some basic feedback I posted at depressedfan:

I listened to about 1/2 of it. Good analysis. We are all spoiled by the polished ESPN shows, and I appreciate the in depth coverage (that we really can't get elsewhere.)

A few comments:

Logistics:
-Typing sounds comes accross somewhat loud.
-Derek's mic is louder than Brian's.

Topics:
-Good, much have what has been covered the blogs.
-You guys agree... a lot. You also agree with my line of thinking. Not a bad thing, but I think you need to find some topics you have diametrical opinions. I find Dannie and Pete at ReclinerGM sometimes see things a bit differently, which makes things interesting. Some strong opinionated posters here and realgm as well (and Jem.)
-Maybe have readers suggest some topics in advance?
-Maybe have a competition for predictions and keep track during the season.

Also individual predictions (break out and bust player of the week predictions?)

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 11:08:23 PM »
Yeah. My mic was considerably louder. I'll figure out why by the next show.

And I thought I had my phone on mute while I was typing. That was completely my bad. That will definitely be corrected by next show.

I also need some water. I have a huge cotton mouth problem.

Overall, I felt we had to cut our topics short, and completely missed some topics all together. With no guests we probably could have easily filled an hour. It seemed like we hit the 25 minute mark very quickly. From now on shows will probably be a full hour in length.

and um, I promise um, less um's next week. I've called in to radio shows before, but never hosted. I um, needed to um, line up my next thought/question, um, better.

That was a pilot.  The ease of filling up 30 minutes was what I took out of it the most. I honestly don't think we even hit half the topics we wanted to talk about, and the ones we did we still had some points we left out due to time.

And I don't expect to agree on everything in the future. It just happened to be that way today, mainly because of Eddie Jordan.

Offline RickyPryor

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 06:43:11 AM »

and um, I promise um, less um's next week. I've called in to radio shows before, but never hosted. I um, needed to um, line up my next thought/question, um, better.

I'd suggest you load it all into ProTools...tighten the crap out of it...and then compress it (speed it up) 6-7%.  (If you are unfamiliar with that particular plug in, not to worry about it 'sounding sped up'.  The pitch is adjusted down so your voices stay exactly the same.)

By doing those things, your pacing will keep the show feeling energetic, polished and give it more 'oomph'.

But good idea and great insight.