Author Topic: Playoff Pick  (Read 6310 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Playoff Pick
« on: May 21, 2005, 12:33:03 AM »
Sunday high noon thirty.

SAS at Phx

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Playoff Pick
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 12:33:37 AM »
SAS

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Playoff Pick
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 10:25:44 AM »
Suns

A gimpy Tim vs Amare on a tear....edge in game 1 to the Suns IMO
« Last Edit: May 21, 2005, 10:26:10 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Playoff Pick
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005, 10:46:25 AM »
Spurs

rickortreat

Playoff Pick
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2005, 12:15:42 PM »
Suns.  I pick them to win the series as well.

I was very impressed with Nash and his ability to penetrate into the lane.  With the players around him, there are too many options for the other team to cover.  Even without Joe Johnson, the Suns have too much firepower for the Spurs to stay with them in a series.

And, while I'm at it, I'll go on record picking the Heat over the Pistons.  This depends on Shaq being healthy, because with Wallace, Wallace and Prince the Heat put a lot of presure on the boards.  But this is where Shaq proves once again his dominance in the league.  The key for the Pistons is to control the boards.  They will not be able to do this against a healthy Shaq.  In addtion, Wade is too much for anyone on the Pistons to handle.  

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Playoff Pick
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2005, 07:31:21 PM »
Phoenix Suns

Homecourt and High Emotions.  Spurs won't know what hit 'em.  I do believe Spurs will come back in Game 2 and say:  "Hey that hurt!" [POP]
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Playoff Pick
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2005, 01:19:50 AM »
SPurs...

The thing with the Suns is that It takes real defense to beat them.  Not that SA is that team, but phoenix will have it work cut out for them with any of the other teams left in the playoffs, SA- Miami -Detroit.  Shut down the running game and you can beat them.  It is going to be tough going for the suns, I just hope we are the team to stop them.  I say spurs go 1-1 in phoenix.

and yes, Stern is an Arsehole!  Why should the East rest longer?  I guess Shaq IS who they want to win this season, isn't he? :nonono:  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Playoff Pick
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2005, 10:57:45 AM »
Phoenix

I think at this point they are more emotionally charged after that win over Dallas (bet Cuban wishes he'd kept Nash now huh? Love to watch that cat lose). On the flip side, Phoenix could be emotionally drained and ready for a let down.

Either way, the Spurs take this series, because I believe they have the defense to stop the Suns running game, if Duncan isn't healthy though, it's all over for San Antonio.
Dan

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Playoff Pick
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2005, 02:33:11 PM »
SPurs...

The thing with the Suns is that It takes real defense to beat them.  Not that SA is that team, but phoenix will have it work cut out for them with any of the other teams left in the playoffs, SA- Miami -Detroit.  Shut down the running game and you can beat them.  It is going to be tough going for the suns, I just hope we are the team to stop them.  I say spurs go 1-1 in phoenix.

and yes, Stern is an Arsehole!  Why should the East rest longer?  I guess Shaq IS who they want to win this season, isn't he? :nonono:
Call me superstitious, but I dont like this series being shown on ESPN rather than TNT for the majority of the series.  I dont like the ESPN broadcasting staff, and it alwasy makes me nervous to watch a game on ESPN rather the FSW or TNT.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Playoff Pick
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2005, 05:44:54 PM »
I kind of figured SA would take Game one.  The reason is mostly because the Suns have not faced a defensive team like SA.  Heading into the fourth i felt pretty good knowing we were only down by 4 points.  and then as ABC was talking about how the Suns wear you down as the game goes on, blah blah blah.  I kept thinking to myself that the spurs usually clamp down in the fourth and wear down on thier opponents the hardest at that point...I am glad they did that today!

I figure we will lose game two after phoenix gets it's offensive touch back, But I still think we will win this series.  I hope we do thats for sure!  

:cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers: