Author Topic: Larry Brown as Sixer Pres. and GM?  (Read 3951 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Larry Brown as Sixer Pres. and GM?
« on: April 27, 2010, 08:22:21 PM »
This would be a worthwhile experiment. Larry has accomplished a lot, but he's never been in complete control of a franchise. He would be a coach's dream, a partner in finding and developing talent and making it fit into a complete team. What could be a better way for Larry to spend his retirement years, playing architect of a basketball dynasty?

I'd love to see this happen. Larry would certainly be a good selector of a new coach.  Someone like Eddie Jordan wouldn't even have been a candidate under Brown!

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Larry Brown as Sixer Pres. and GM?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 04:09:45 PM »
Larry Brown would be a terrible GM.  Teams usually go down hill fast when he starts to get involved in personnel decisions.

Great coach for a young team, horrible GM.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 12:55:57 PM »
Larry Brown would be a terrible GM.  Teams usually go down hill fast when he starts to get involved in personnel decisions.

Great coach for a young team, horrible GM.

He is great at teaching people how to play the game but I don't think hes the best at making personnel decisions. 

Though give him credit over with the Bobcats, it was his decision to make some of those trades and it ended up improving the team.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 04:44:28 PM »
While Larry was with Phila. he fell in and out of love with a lot of players, but even the ones that he didn't like all had long-lasting careers in the NBA.  Jerry Stackhouse, Larry Hughes, Tim Thomas, Craig Claxton and John Salmons were all drafted and then traded by the Sixers. Larry knows how to build a team, and he is good at the start. He does were out his welcome as his idiosyncrasies start to drive the people around him nuts. More than anything else Larry needs someone above him who can control him and have the authority to tell him NO!

The Sixers have done a good job of selecting good players without Larry. What they really need is someone to teach these players how to play the right way together. Right now, they should be getting together to watch the winning playoff teams and understand the strategies they use and why they are successful. That would be a better use of their time than fishing!