Author Topic: Eagles. Do you want McNabb or Peppers?  (Read 8833 times)

Offline Welfare Fraud

• View Profile
Re: Eagles. Do you want McNabb or Peppers?
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2010, 01:55:54 AM »
that's possible i guess, i can't see him being here next year though. if something happens it'll probably be before/during the draft.

agree with you on Arizona. they gotta go after him.

Offline Welfare Fraud

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2010, 08:40:11 PM »
Washington?!!

didn't see that coming...

watch them win the division  :D

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2010, 11:17:23 PM »
Unreal.  According to this article McNabb just owned the Eagles.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-mcnabbtrade040410

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 02:29:46 PM »
Very surprised and somewhat annoyed with this trade, don't think they got enough and putting him with a division rival is a serious mistake. I don't know what Kolb can do, but he isn't as mobile as McNabb and the Eagles O-line hasn't been very solid. Washington has a ways to go, but getting a top 10 QB is a good start.

The Eagles finally acquire enough skilled players to compliment McNabb and they get rid of him. Seems like a big gamble that Kolb will really be able to do the job.  Wouldn't be surprised to see Vick in there if Kolb fails.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2010, 11:48:28 AM »
Article says McNabb held leverage over Eagles by saying he would retire if they tried to send him anywhere other then Washington.  I say no way McNabb turns down 8 million (or whatever he got from Washington by signing) and retires and earns nothing more.  No way.  Eagles you folded to McNabbs bluff imo.

Vick, oh yeah i think Eagles keep him now.  Injury or ineffectiveness by Kolb and "Philly Eagles, yourrrr starting quarterback isssss, Michaelllll Vick!"
I still think Vick will rock rt and Welfare Fraud.  I believe him when he says he is gonna hit the books and be a cerebral QB as well as Joe Athlete like before.
Look, you can't knock his stats on the 12-4 Atlanta team that beat Favre in playoff Green Bay.

Welfare Fraud, i still contend that a rb catching a screen pass ala Derrik Sproiles for the Bolts, is oftentimes in the relative exact same position as a QB's starting point who is dodging a rush.  Both have great open field capabilites.  Vick is second to none in open field running.  If he adds cerebral QB I.Q. watch out.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2010, 05:12:19 PM »
Article says McNabb held leverage over Eagles by saying he would retire if they tried to send him anywhere other then Washington.  I say no way McNabb turns down 8 million (or whatever he got from Washington by signing) and retires and earns nothing more.  No way.  Eagles you folded to McNabbs bluff imo.

Vick, oh yeah i think Eagles keep him now.  Injury or ineffectiveness by Kolb and "Philly Eagles, yourrrr starting quarterback isssss, Michaelllll Vick!"
I still think Vick will rock rt and Welfare Fraud.  I believe him when he says he is gonna hit the books and be a cerebral QB as well as Joe Athlete like before.
Look, you can't knock his stats on the 12-4 Atlanta team that beat Favre in playoff Green Bay.

Welfare Fraud, i still contend that a rb catching a screen pass ala Derrik Sproiles for the Bolts, is oftentimes in the relative exact same position as a QB's starting point who is dodging a rush.  Both have great open field capabilites.  Vick is second to none in open field running.  If he adds cerebral QB I.Q. watch out.

Few QB's have mastered both the ability to throw and run as well as the decision making to make it work . Randall Cunningham tried it, but he didn't have good offensive coaches.  McNabb has been able to do it with some success, but Reid didn't use his mobility to pressure defenses. McNabb will flourish under Shanahan, who has taken old QB's and gotten to the Super Bowl. Kolb is more of a West Coast offensive QB, than Vick, but I don't know if Kolb is good enough, or if the line will give him enough time. If the O-line isn't fixed, they'll have to play Vick in order to throw.

McNabb had plenty of money, and wasn't going to bend over backwards to help those ingrates. This was about money with McNabb due a bonus plus a high salary this season.  The Eagles saved a bundle and there's no guarantee that McNabb will resign with the Redskins or anyone else. Snyder has a lot of money and wants to get the Redskins back on top and with a franchise QB with a few good years left, they both have a good chance to make a Super Bowl visit happen.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2010, 12:16:17 PM »
Terrel Owens joining McNabb in Washington?

Now it's reported that Denvers Brandon Marshall could be had for a 1st round pick (anywhere) but no teams are willing to offer a 1st.
Unreal.

100 catches for two seasons and no team will offer a 1st.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2010, 09:27:09 AM »
^^ to Miami for only two 2R picks?
unreal.