Author Topic: zzzzzzzzzzzzzz  (Read 10048 times)

Offline RickyPryor

• View Profile
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
« on: March 05, 2010, 01:59:45 PM »
Man, you know the Sixers have lost their fan-base when they don't even generate ONE new Sixer-related post in, what, weeks??  On a Board that WANTS to talk Sixers?

Even with AI in the news and the Celtics coming to town?

What a sorry, sorry time in Sixers franchise history.

Disgusting.

Offline marklapinski

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 04:08:39 PM »
There is a pretty good thread on Michael Finley....that is about as close to a Sixers thread that you are going to get.  Unfortunately Finley doesn't realize is career is over. Sounds familiar.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 11:52:03 PM »
I'm totally ambivalent at this point.  Maybe I'll pick em back up around the draft.

Offline RickyPryor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 06:40:50 AM »
I'm totally ambivalent at this point.  Maybe I'll pick em back up around the draft.

Never thought I'd say this...but I am too.  I mean - when I moved to NYC, I'd buy the Time Warner package every single year...at a few hundred bucks...and watch every single game.  I did that for years and years.

Now that I've moved back I have season tickets (14th row), VIP parking, and belong to the Cadillac Grille.  And I haven't been motivated to go to a game in 5 weeks. 

I just don't care if they win, lose, play great or suck.

Offline RickyPryor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 06:13:07 PM »
How is there not one post about what happened last night?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 11:53:06 AM »
How is there not one post about what happened last night?

I was wondering the same thing.................

As a Los Angeles Laker fan.

LOL
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 11:39:38 AM »
Looks like everybody "left town".
New site?

Ya what is the Sixer response to Collins?

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 02:16:14 PM »
I was totally disgusted with the team and there was nothing to talk about until we hired Collins and got the 2nd pick in the draft.

Collins is a perfect pick for the Sixers- sort of like Larry Brown without all the baggage and weird fixations. He's a good teacher ( which this team needs desperately) and a good strategist. I think just replacing Eddie Jordan with him puts us back in the playoffs, I think without any personnel changes the Sixers are probably good enough to be 4th in the East, below Boston, Orlando and Cleveland.

With the 2nd pick in the draft, the Sixers can get anyone except for one player. They have the possibility of coupling the pick to get rid of Elton Brand. 

I think Derrick Favors a 6'10" player from GT, would be the perfect fit, and I would rather have him than Turrner or Wall.  If we could drop down and still get him and trade Brand that would be a home-run. Even if we end up just using the 2nd on him it could push us up into serious contention with the top teams. Brnad and his expiring will continue ot be a valuable chip for the Sixers and Favors could give the Sixers the inside presence they so desperately need.

The only thing keeping the board quiet now is we don't know who the Sixers will draft, and the draft is still far away.  The other thing is that Doug is busy doing NBA games. no quotes from him and no Sixer games until October.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 09:51:08 AM »
It's a trip that both Brown and Phil J might be available.  Not that Phil would come to Philly, just saying.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 10:21:14 AM »
I'm happy with Collins, I think he is like Brown, but without all the weird quirks.  Besides both Brown and Phil are too old to be on the sideline for much longer.  Phila. needs someone in the front office to drive the decisions to make the team  successful. The coach needs to be on par with the GM when it comes to personnel decisions, so that there is more than one architect behind the team.  I don't think Phila. has had that since Brown left. Collins is the kind of guy that no one questions that he understands the game. He has the credibility to be a strong coach with both the front office, the fans and the players.

Even if he does seem to think Andre Iguodala should play forward.

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 11:27:05 AM »
I'm happy with Collins, I think he is like Brown, but without all the weird quirks.  Besides both Brown and Phil are too old to be on the sideline for much longer.  Phila. needs someone in the front office to drive the decisions to make the team  successful. The coach needs to be on par with the GM when it comes to personnel decisions, so that there is more than one architect behind the team.  I don't think Phila. has had that since Brown left. Collins is the kind of guy that no one questions that he understands the game. He has the credibility to be a strong coach with both the front office, the fans and the players.

Even if he does seem to think Andre Iguodala should play forward.

Collins is solid, but only for about 3 years.  After that, he goes from being "breath of fresh air" to "stale windbag."  So in that regard, he's a lot like Brown in terms of being a bit of a vagabond.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline RickyPryor

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 01:55:42 PM »
Ding dong the ding dong's dead!

See ya Sammy!

Offline marklapinski

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2010, 07:24:54 PM »
Just for the hell of it....I am posting here. 

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2010, 07:11:45 PM »
^^  :D

I gave it another shot.

Offline RickyPryor

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2010, 09:29:14 AM »
Just for the hell of it....I am posting here. 

And I'm responding to your post.