Author Topic: Eagles. Do you want McNabb or Peppers?  (Read 8835 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Eagles. Do you want McNabb or Peppers?
« on: February 18, 2010, 12:59:23 AM »
If McNabb moved, your starting QB Philly Eagles is
Miiiichaaal Vick!?

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Eagles. Do you want McNabb or Peppers?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 09:56:57 AM »
McNabb isn't going anywhere.  For some reason Philla. fans don't like him, but I don't think they have a better QB out there to replace him.  All things considered, the Eagles had a successful season, in what was a rebuilding year. Injuries to their lines set them back a bit, but their young running backs and wide receivers exceeded expectations.

It is far more likely that some team will pick up Vick and make him their star.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 06:20:39 PM »
Any truth to the talking heads saying Philly will accept a 3rd rounder for Vick?  That's b.s.

Remember when you (rt) and dabods correctly pointed out that Vick was a terrible qb, (not in the sense of his physical abilities which kicked arse and led ATL to 12-4 and the 1st ever playoff win at Green Bay, but that his qb applied IQ skills were lacking.)

Vick validates exactly what you two said in the he admits he was a complete slacker when it came to hitting the books and film to study opposing defenses.  Relied all on his physical skills.  Well, he now says he will indeed hit the books and film hard.  Could he end up being a kick arse QB?  QB or not, rt we both still love his talent as an rb/flanker/wideout/punt and kick returner.

No WAY is a 3rd rounder appropriate.  I wish dumbass San Diego would snag Vick in a heartbeat if all it takes is a 3rd.
Thoughts?   

Offline Welfare Fraud

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 09:21:15 PM »
Miiiichaaal Vick!?
If McNabb is moved Kolb would most likely be the starter.

Vick is too inaccurate to be a kick arse QB and I don't think he has the skills to excel at RB or WR either. He's a running QB, that's all he'll ever be. I'd trade him for a 3rd.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 12:12:32 PM »
Miiiichaaal Vick!?
If McNabb is moved Kolb would most likely be the starter.

Vick is too inaccurate to be a kick arse QB and I don't think he has the skills to excel at RB or WR either. He's a running QB, that's all he'll ever be. I'd trade him for a 3rd.
So if he can run from the QB position he cannot run from the flanker, RB, or returnman positions  ??? ???

Offline Welfare Fraud

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 02:04:07 PM »
right.. when a QB runs the play is usually fully developed and there's open field. He of course is/was (still not sure if he's lost a step and some elusiveness) one of the best at taking advantage of that.

A RB has to be patient and find the hole, be able to get yards after contact, block, etc etc... there are full time RBs that don't have these skills.

A WR has to catch, know how to run routes and get open, etc etc...

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 12:47:34 PM »
Something tells me Vick might have enough athleticism to run routes and catch.

Would you take Warren Cromarte for him?

Offline Welfare Fraud

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 05:13:29 PM »
If all it took was athleticism to play WR (or any position in any sport) then just about every team would be stacked at WR. If it all came down to athleticism then Jerry Rice wouldn't have been the GOAT.

Vick has spent his entire career playing QB, if you trade for him and expect him to play WR you're taking a huge gamble... you're asking him to play a position he's never played and expecting him to play it at the highest level, at 30 years old.

The way I see it.. if someone trades for Vick they're either hoping he's improved his fundamental QB skills or they want to use him for gimmick plays. Since the Eagles already have 2 QBs and gimmicks aren't all that in the NFL, I'd trade him for a 3rd in a heartbeat.

Wouldn't you rather see San Diego use a 3rd on someone that could fill a position of need for the next decade?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 06:59:24 PM »
Notice Darren Spoiles catching ability and Yards After Catch. 
Vick could do the same thing, probably even better.  Altho it would be hard to top Sproils NFL record 328 all purpose yards in the playoff win over the Indy Colts.

I would shat myself if the Chargers would get Vick for either a 3rd rounder or Cromagnapussy.  I'd give them both away in 2 seconds and pick up Vick at the airport.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 09:49:28 PM »
So you Eagles think Vick is gonna be in a Philly uniform next season?

I think they are just waiting for the best offer.  I cannot, and will not believe they will take only a 3rd round draft pick for Vick until i see it happen.

Offline Welfare Fraud

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010, 01:48:25 PM »
Last night on Comcast Sportsnet they asked Ray Didinger what he thought Vick's value was. He said the Eagles were dreaming when they were hoping for a 2nd or 3rd, more likely going to be a 6th.

Derrick Gunn said they were asking for a 1st and 3rd for McNabb, but are now asking for only a third. There's also a rumor going around that the Rams are offering the 33rd pick (first pick of the second round).

So it seems Vick isn't all that valuable, sadly.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 10:10:46 AM »
A third for McNabb and a 6th for Vick?
Both of those offers are insanely low.  If I'm a GM I pick up both Vick and McNabb for that paltry price. 

Unreal.  Gee lets track NFL teams 3rd and 6th round picks this year and see how they do.  ::)

Offline Welfare Fraud

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 01:04:55 PM »
Yeah, a 6th is lower than even I was expecting. Makes me wonder if they'll want to trade Vick now or instead hold on to him for another year and maybe raise his value. Vick won't like that though, he's said he wants a chance to start somewhere.

And the problem with a McNabb trade is, he only has 1 year left on his contract. Whoever they trade him to is going to make sure he wants to signs an extension with them, so McNabb can pretty much choose his destination. So I would think a trade with an awful team like the Rams isn't likely.

It's gonna be a while before something happens.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 11:26:38 PM »
McNabb would like 'Zona?
Seems like a great fit as Arizona obviously knows what to do with *old washed up* QBs.
Why doesn't Zona do this trade yesterday?

The Rams aren't offering a 6th round pick or better for Vick?
Buffalo?  Unreal.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 01:52:19 PM »
Is this going to be 4 months of media babble with McNabb returing to start for the Eagles in Sept?