Author Topic: Ed, Ed, Ed.  (Read 5248 times)

Offline RickyPryor

• View Profile
Ed, Ed, Ed.
« on: January 20, 2010, 08:57:16 AM »
Which Ed is the worst at his particular job?  Which Ed is best?  And the biggie: Which of the three Eds should go first?  (Do any of the three deserve to stay?)

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ed, Ed, Ed.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 02:45:16 PM »
Jordan.  Stefanski.  Jordan.  I'm willing to give Stefanski a little more time, the other two can go.  I mean, many of Stefanski's moves seemed good at the time, they've all just backfired stupendously.  That's gotta change at some point, right?

Offline RickyPryor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 03:02:59 PM »
...and Snider?

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 05:33:15 PM »
Ed Jordan has to go. But Ed Stefanski isn't doing his job, since he should already have fired Jordan, so now I want them both gone. I can't take it watching us blow games this way, it's too horrific to accept.

Offline RickyPryor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 06:03:32 PM »
Ed Jordan has to go. But Ed Stefanski isn't doing his job, since he should already have fired Jordan, so now I want them both gone. I can't take it watching us blow games this way, it's too horrific to accept.

...and Snider?

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 06:44:18 PM »
Jordan is the worst but Stephanski should be the first to go.

http://www.phillyarena.com/archives/2010-01-19/For-Stefanski-Time-has-Run-Out-...tk76

"Mr." Snider is peripheral and we are likely stuck with him.

Offline RickyPryor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 12:21:45 PM »
I say they all go.  In this order:

Ed Stefanski.  This guy has done a god awful job.  Just pathetic.  This thread is about who goes...and so I won't spend it listing all the things that have made him basically ineffective. (That egghead does alot of smiling...which only adds to his cluelessness for me.)  All you need to do is compare the team we have now (and it's record) to the one which preceeded him.  Has he cured our contract woes?  Has he installed the right coach?  Are we better off now?  No, hell no, and no.  And he goes first because I don't want him even SNIFFING for our new coach.

Eddie Jordan.  Dear lord, where to begin.  Not only do I hate that his line-ups and rotations are borderline (god, I wish there were a stronger word...) stupid - I doubly hate that he acts as if he's up to something that we all just can't understand.  He's failed to motivate...fishes around for proper rotations live (while we all sit at home telling him what the f*** they should be!)...doesn't respect defense or rebounding...and is a far worse game-day coach than Andy Reid.  This guy, simply put, is in the wrong line of work.  He can't leave fast enough.

Ed Snider - He's the chairman.  He's ultimately responsible, right?  But the only reason he gets the boot last is because - of the three - he's the one that might be able to set the table for a future turnaround.  He's the one who needs to find the best GM.  At the time, I said I hated the Stefanski pick.  Everyone else loved it.  "Oooh!  A Philly boy!"  And while that was a bad hire...it wasn't TERRIBLE.  Stefanski COULD HAVE done a fine job here.  He just didn't.  At all. 

It's been 27 years, Ed.  Approximately the same number of years your wife's been on this planet.  The difference is...this is ugly.

Ed Pinckney.  Nothing personal, Ed.  But you're an Ed.  And we are cleansing our franchise of them all.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 09:37:21 AM »
What did Snider do, other than hire Jordan? Along with Comcast, he owns the Sixers and can do what he wants. I can just choose not to watch or pay to watch the garbage be puts out as entertainment. As a fan I can criticize his employees, but Snider is a businessman and my relationship with him is as a customer. He can go out of business for all I care. Presumably he wants to continue to make a profit from the Sixers, if I were a consultant, and I suppose if he reads this I am an unpaid one, there's nothing I could tell him other than to act now, and fire the other two Ed's. Easy Ed Pinckney would be a better coach than Eddie Jordan.

Offline RickyPryor

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 12:05:42 PM »
What did Snider do, other than hire Jordan? Along with Comcast, he owns the Sixers and can do what he wants. I can just choose not to watch or pay to watch the garbage be puts out as entertainment. As a fan I can criticize his employees, but Snider is a businessman and my relationship with him is as a customer. He can go out of business for all I care. Presumably he wants to continue to make a profit from the Sixers, if I were a consultant, and I suppose if he reads this I am an unpaid one, there's nothing I could tell him other than to act now, and fire the other two Ed's. Easy Ed Pinckney would be a better coach than Eddie Jordan.

We invest alot of time and money into Snider's "product", and we're disappointed.  I'm demanding a better product.  And, unlike say, soup - I can't just go to the store and choose a different team.  The Sixers have a monopoly on Philly-based NBA basketball teams.

(Quick query:  Who hired Stefanski, by the way?)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2010, 12:08:17 AM »
I don't spend much on the Sixers at all. The time I invest is my choice. You really can adopt any NBA team you want to be a fan of, with NBA TV. If you're in Philly, you only get to go see your team live when they play here.

The point is Ed doesn't really owe you or me or anyone anything.  I'm pretty annoyed with the way the season is going. I'm not planning on going to any games the way they have been. Very, very disappointed.

Offline RickyPryor

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2010, 07:34:18 AM »
I don't spend much on the Sixers at all.

...says the man with two THOUSAND posts. ;D