Author Topic: Eagles - Giants  (Read 3245 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Eagles - Giants
« on: December 07, 2009, 01:39:18 PM »
Eagles, do you expect tough game at unpredictable NY on Sunday night?

Michael Vick getting a little action, altho it seems for this year the plan is to purposely limit Vick (for better or worse).
Vick has yet to return a punt.  How come? 

I'd really like the Eagles reg season finale vs Denver to "matter" as the Chargers might need an Eagle win to get over on Denver.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 02:25:30 PM by Reality »

Offline Welfare Fraud

• View Profile
Re: Eagles - Giants
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 11:39:19 AM »
We have a couple of really good punt returners (nice change from the Reno Mahe years) so there's really no reason to put Vick back there. I think it was unfair how a lot of us thought of him as some super dynamic weapon when we signed him. He's at his best when he's taking snaps under center like a normal QB IMO. Hopefully he'll have enough value to get us a nice pick at the end of the year.

I always expect a tough game against the Giants. Their D-line scares me even if they have been a disappointment this year.

The Denver game is actually the next to last game, the Cowboys are the finale. So I think it'll matter.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 11:54:02 AM »
The Eagles have to keep winning to stay with Dallas, who's a game ahead. As long as they keep winning, the Eagles have to, in order to clinch the division and secure home field for the first round.

The Giants always play us tough, so there's no telling what will happen. The Eagles offense looks like it's getting into gear, however, and when they play the way they're capable of, they can score a lot of points.

DeShawn Jackson is the Eagles game breaker. If he can play, Ely won't be able to keep the G-men close.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 03:45:44 PM »
Welfare Fraud
The Denver game is actually the next to last game, the Cowboys are the finale. So I think it'll matter.

The Eagles have to keep winning to stay with Dallas, who's a game ahead. As long as they keep winning, the Eagles have to, in order to clinch the division and secure home field for the first round.

The Giants always play us tough, so there's no telling what will happen. The Eagles offense looks like it's getting into gear, however, and when they play the way they're capable of, they can score a lot of points.

DeShawn Jackson is the Eagles game breaker. If he can play, Ely won't be able to keep the G-men close.
Good.  It appears that barring a Dallas tank job, the Eagles-Denver game will matter.
Of course we both want the Chargers to shellack the Cowboys this Sunday.

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 04:29:58 PM »
People had expectations of VIck?  I figured the eagles signed him as a hope that he'd show something and get trade value...didn't factor in that they'd have no idea how to use Vick properly.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 07:25:13 PM »
Welfare Fraud

Good.  It appears that barring a Dallas tank job, the Eagles-Denver game will matter.
Of course we both want the Chargers to shellack the Cowboys this Sunday.

Eagles fans despise the Cowboys. Any time they lose we're happy unless it keeps another team from getting ahead of us.  Now that the Lightening bolts have Runyan, Phila. fans will be pulling for them anyway.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2009, 08:19:06 PM »
Okay the Chargers did their part for you Eagles, beat the Cowboys today with an excellent game sealing time consuming 4th qtr drive.

Runyan did not get any burn again Welfare Fraud and in that final drive most of it was on the ground, uncharacteristic for the Bolts.  Rookie Brandyn Dombrowski started at tackle again and was part of that final drive so i'm sure he will stay there as long as the Bolts keep winning.

Phillip Rivers pushed his already NFL record December wins streak to 16.

Offline RickyPryor

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 09:29:44 PM »
Hate to say it...but Quentin Mikkel is maybe the most overrated Eagle I can remember. His 2nd quarter tonight is laughable.  Lousy tackling...sissy-isms...drop of easy INT...penalties...

I'm embarrassed for him.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 04:24:03 PM »
The Eagles defense did not have a great day yesterday, but fortunately they didn't need too, as the offense has found itself.

The lesson from this game is one the rest of the league should not overlook: If you are in a game with the Eagles and you are ahead by less than a touchdown, do not give them the ball back. If you do, you're going to lose.

Now the Eagles are in control of their own destiny, being the division leader in the NFC East. It isn't possible for them to catch New Orleans to gain a first round bye and homefield advantage, but it may still be possible for them to catch Minnesota, and get a first round bye and host a playoff game.

In a Sixteen game season 4 losses is only 1/4 of the games, 12-4 has historically been enough to get a first round bye. All the Eagles have to do is go undefeated the rest of the way. Their opponents are San Francisco, Denver and Dallas. Denver has to play the Eagles in Phila. and they aren't that dominant a team to be able to win at the Linc. Dallas will probably need the win to get into the playoffs, and nothing would make Eagles fans happier than to send the Cowboys fishing.