Author Topic: How do we get Eddie Jordan fired?  (Read 3300 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
How do we get Eddie Jordan fired?
« on: December 05, 2009, 12:17:24 PM »
I wonder what it will take to get rid of this guy. What criteria is Stefanski using to decide whether this is working out or not.  It can't be winning, since we're not doing that.  I know we've had some setbacks as a result of injuries, but that isn't the only reason we're losing.

My problem with Jordan is that he doesn't seem to do anything right. The only thing he's done that has worked out was playing Willie Green more, and that was by accident. He benches Dalembert even when he's playing well. He wants to bring Brand off the Bench even though Brand would put up 20-10 given starter's minutes.

Not playing Brand with the starters is why we're losing. No rebounding or interior defense, no limiting 2nd chance shots or getting any of your own. All because Jordan want's to play Thad at the 4 and lose games! This is too stupid a situation to imagine.

Adding Iverson won't solve their defensive problems. Only playing Brand, Dalembert and Smith more minutes will do anything to help them.

A good coach would be playing Holiday more, Brand more and encouraging Dalembert. He'd be running specific plays for each of his starters looking for weaknesses and going at them until the other coach adapts successfully. He's be trying to get the oppossing stars into foul trouble by attacking them. He'd make sure his rebounders were blocking out on every play and battling on every posession. He'd be doing evrything that Eddie Jordan isn't doing.

We've got to get rid of Eddie, all he's doing is making sure we lose and piss off Brand by acting like an Ass.

jemagee

Re: How do we get Eddie Jordan fired?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 12:55:22 PM »
Stop buying tickets

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 02:51:06 PM »
we don't.  we need EJ for John Wall.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 03:07:13 PM »
He'll probably finish out the year, but now that the Sixers have been pushed back into the spotlight EJ's seat could continue to heat up if we continue to lose like this. 

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 07:12:55 PM »
He'll probably finish out the year, but now that the Sixers have been pushed back into the spotlight EJ's seat could continue to heat up if we continue to lose like this. 

I actually believe the addition of Iverson this year gains him at least the ASB next year if not the entire season, using the 'argument' that there's no way he could have integrated his system properly with a guy like Iverson added 20 or so games into the season, combine that with Lou's jaw, Speights injury and the brand nonsense and there's more than enough 'excuses' Jordan & Stefanski could use to justify another try next season.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 02:28:29 AM »
You know the going's gotten rough when even rick is making a negative post.  Not disagreeing with any of it, just amazed how this organization has managed to turn even the most staunchly positive fans (and I'm included in that more often than not) into negative ones.  And Jordan will be here at least two seasons because they're not going to want to be paying for two coaches a season for more seasons than they absolutely have to.  But yeah, Jordan seems to lack even the most basic of coaching skills and it is painful to watch.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 03:57:32 PM »
They won't fire him because they don't want to be paying two coaches, simple as that.  Supposedly Stefanski was given a limited coaching budget this summer, well, they got what they paid for and maybe not even that much.  I didn't like him as a coach before he came here and I like him even less now.  I gave him the grace period before bitching, but the team doesn't do anything well, has no flow and nobody seems ot have a clue about thier roles.  Guys play great in one game and see their minutes cut in the next one.

They are 5-16 and that is about how well he has coached them.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 11:55:51 AM »
IF its the choice between spending a little more, or wasting this season as a result of incompetance,I say it's worth it to spend another salary on a coach.

I just read that Jordan intends to keep Brand coming off the bench. He is clueless as a head coach, and too stupid to get any better. He runs a weave during the game, a WEAVE! Instead of spending time on perimiter defence or when and how to switch coverage, he's teaching them a H.S. ball drill. Eddie Jordan is a moron, and it's too embarassing to go to a game when he's coaching. I'm afraid I'll jump out of the sands and bitch-slap him.  Then Elton will come to his aid and clock him by accident and that will be the end of Mr. Jordan.