Author Topic: The "Upside" of an injury?  (Read 3644 times)

jemagee

The "Upside" of an injury?
« on: November 25, 2009, 04:48:31 PM »
Ok, so injuries suck, and every team has them...Lou Williams broke his jaw last night annd is out tonight and possibly for the next 2 to 4 weeks, and contrary to every belief I currently had about Eddie Jordan - kate fagan sends a twitter

deepsixer3

Look for rookie Jrue Holiday to start tonight in place of Sweet Lou. The future is now.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: The "Upside" of an injury?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 04:49:23 PM »
Problem is Jrue isn't ready to be a starter. It's alright for him to make mistakes and learn on the job, but not at the cost of continuing to lose games. With Lou out for 2 months, the team needs another guard pronto. That doesn't mean Jrue won't get time, he will, but as a backup point. It really is too much pressure to expect a rookie with 1 yr. in College to be able to handle the responsibility of running the Sixers night in and out.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 06:08:18 PM »
The only upside of injury I would care about is a top 6 position in the Draft lottery- which I still think is unlikely.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 03:24:33 PM »
the downside of the injury is we now have iverson.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 03:58:17 PM »
And what if Holiday gets injured?  Oops.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 05:00:42 PM »
the downside of the injury is we now have iverson.

I can't understand why anyone sees a downside in getting a talented player on the cheap. If nothing else he adds depth and pushes Ivey and Willie Green further down the bench. He fills a serious need and might actually cause the other players to further develop.

It is in Iverson's best interest to be the best player and teamate he can be, as if he fails here, his NBA career is over. The positives outweigh the negatives.

Offline tk76

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 12:52:54 AM »

It is in Iverson's best interest to be the best player and teamate he can be, as if he fails here, his NBA career is over. The positives outweigh the negatives.

We'll see if you agree when AI and WG are combining for 72 min a game and Jrue gets <5 min.  Also when AI helps them in there laste season run to get them the 8th worst record in the league... like how the Sixers screwed things up with Joe Smith and Andre Miller leading them to a stupid 18-7 finsih.

jemagee

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 11:49:50 AM »
It is in Iverson's best interest to be the best player and teamate he can be, as if he fails here, his NBA career is over.

that was in his best interest in denver, detroit and memphis, and yet, and yet.

His nba careeer IS over, no one wanted him, the sixers bought him in for the PR boost, and if the second games attendance is any indicator I'd say there's a 50/50 shot he's gone before the contract is guaranteed if the sixers don't go on a heavy run on their end of december road trip

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 10:43:56 PM »
Iverson is as close to done as you can get.  He is nowhere remotely near to the player he once was.  If this team was at full strength, he might make a nice complement to Holiday in the second team back court, and would be better at end of game shots than Iggy is.  Beyond that he is cooked.  I love reading the Boards where people think he is going to be soem kind of savior.  At this point in his career, he is a very poor man's Lou Williams, nothing more.