Author Topic: Eddie Jordan Stinks.  (Read 47522 times)

jemagee

Re: Eddie Jordan Stinks.
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 12:35:23 PM »
I think the best hope for the long term future of this team is for brand to have a good 20-30 game run - improve his trade value and find someone who wants him...

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2009, 06:01:07 PM »
we'll see what kind of minutes he gets tonight.  I fully expect Sam to get in foul trouble early on and force EJ's hand again to go with Brand. 

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2009, 10:15:39 PM »
36 minutes, 22 points on 8-14 shooting, only 6 boards, but 4 steals and 4 blocks.  Not a bad line... certainly improvement.

Gasol and Randolph still got their share of points in the paint, and we were dominated on the boards tonight... they pulled down 20 more than we did. 

Offline tk76

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2009, 11:47:02 PM »
So they must have fired Mo because he did not run ENOUGH small ball. 

I really hate small ball, and they went with it for the final 15 minutes.  I guess EJ figured they were not being beaten on the boards badly enough.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2009, 03:03:37 PM »
I missed the game last night vs. Cleveland.  Certainly not surprised that we lost.  From looking at the box score it looks like Brand and Young played well.  Can anyone give me a quick recap on how they looked?  Also, what was the story of the game?  Where did we get killed this time?  Thanks in advance. 

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2009, 04:37:15 PM »
Brand had another aggressive game- esp on the O-Boards. Thad looked good and was not badly abused by Lebron.

The team started badly but responded with solid play across the board.

But unsurprisingly, the Cavs put there fut down defensively in the 4th and won going away.  the Sixers took a ton of jumpers in the 4th (made 1 of 13.)  As typical for them, they went small (mostly Brand/Thad) the final 15 minutes of the game.

jemagee

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2009, 04:38:05 PM »
everyone keeps pointing to the fourth quarter - but if the played better in the first maybe the cavs don't win

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2009, 09:52:09 PM »
How about that 4th quarter tonight by Holiday?  9 and a half minutes - 11 points, 6 rebs, 2 steals, 1 assist, 1 block, 4-6 FG's, 3-5 3pt FG's, 0 TO's.  He was the catalyst for that comeback and really sparked the team on both ends of the floor.  Impressive showing by the rookie. 

jemagee

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2009, 09:56:53 PM »
How about that 4th quarter tonight by Holiday?  9 and a half minutes - 11 points, 6 rebs, 2 steals, 1 assist, 1 block, 4-6 FG's, 3-5 3pt FG's, 0 TO's.  He was the catalyst for that comeback and really sparked the team on both ends of the floor.  Impressive showing by the rookie. 

And yet more evidence that Jordan is an idiot for not playing him consistently - some guy over at DF who has not really questioned jordans treatment of the rookie was really enjoying the fourth.

Sad that this team needs a 'comeback' against sucha  mediocre team

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2009, 10:22:02 PM »

And yet more evidence that Jordan is an idiot for not playing him consistently - some guy over at DF who has not really questioned jordans treatment of the rookie was really enjoying the fourth.

Sad that this team needs a 'comeback' against sucha  mediocre team

Even more sad that that comeback has to be lead by a 19 year old. 

jemagee

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2009, 10:23:48 PM »
Even more sad that that comeback has to be lead by a 19 year old. 

More sad that the 19 year old probably won't see significant minutes for like another week or so?

I don't have league pass any more - but what the hell happened in the third quarter?

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2009, 10:35:50 PM »
Nick Young and Jamison both went off.  We fell asleep defensively.  The usual.  We also had poor shot selection (mainly Iguodala).  Brand shot horribly as well, but I thought most of his shots were in rhythm... he just had an off night. 

jemagee

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2009, 10:37:13 PM »
Yes, I heard Iguodala had a bad game, I understand the over paid can't win not good enough refrain is back again - that's awesome.

Could someone PLEASE figure out what's wrong with Thaddeus Young and tell me I shouldn't be concerned that he's confused when plays are called for him?

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2009, 11:14:46 PM »
Young started out pretty poorly.  I think he threw up 3 air balls in the first 3 quarters.  He did snap out of it towards the end of the 3rd by moving closer to the rim offensively and got some garbage points around the basket.  Hit a huge 3 with the shot clock winding down late in the 4th.  His defense on Jamison wasn't good... nobody had an answer for him. 

jemagee

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2009, 11:15:30 PM »
Youngs defense has been pretty bad all year - even for him - hasn't it?