Author Topic: Sixers Vs. Suns - 10/18  (Read 3249 times)

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
Sixers Vs. Suns - 10/18
« on: October 18, 2009, 10:40:56 AM »
Sixers and Suns are squaring off again today, this time in Monterray, Mexico.  The game will be on NBATV at 7pm, so that should give everyone a nice gap filler between Eagles and Phillies on this cold and rainy Sunday. 

I'd like to see the starters, mainly Brand and Iguodala, come out a little more fired up tonight, but even more so I'd like to see Holiday, Speights, and Smith get extended minutes again.  Tip off is at 7pm. 

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sixers Vs. Suns - 10/18
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 12:31:27 PM »
Totally agree with your player choices. Holiday actually had great stats against the Suns in the Friday game. 14 pts, 7bds. and 6 assists in about 30 min. Kind of indicates he's ready to play now, which bodes well for the Sixers.

Speights fits in well with the running game, and he also manages to make shots from the outside. Replacing Dalembert with him in the lineup would improve the Sixers offensive effectiveness. I think it's only a matter of time, now that Speights managed 12 boards along with his 32 points.

Let's also not forget to include Lou Williams putting up 27, that's not something you could expect from Andre Miller. Lou should be getting more assists, but I noticed that Nash got assists for passing to another player to hit an outside shot. The Sixers don't have a lot of outside shooters to make that easy pass to. If everyone dribbles after you pass the ball, no assists.

I'd like to see a more consistent effort, and particularly try to find a way to stop the Suns from running, or at least slow them down. Cutting down on their turnovers would also help the Sixers cause.  I expect a better game from Brand and Iguodala and am leaning towards a Sixers win. Thad is still finding his way, but I'd like to see more out of him too, he's one player I'm looking for to see a big improvement from in outside shooting.

jemagee

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 12:50:29 PM »
I'd like to see the game, but the phillies will take priority...if they play...heard the weather isn't so nice

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 01:57:14 PM »
I'd like to see the game, but the phillies will take priority...if they play...heard the weather isn't so nice
You should still be able to catch a good portion of the 1st half before the Phils start.... and at worst, it gives you something to flip during the breaks  8)

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 06:07:10 PM »
Anyone know spanish?

jemagee

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 06:17:02 PM »
Not sure what he's saying public - but Elton Brands starting to worry me

Offline sixers610

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 06:25:54 PM »
Link to the game? FIOS doesn't have NBATV yet!

jemagee

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 06:36:55 PM »
If Speights can't play defense, sit his ass down

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 08:49:15 PM »
Iguodala played well.  His jumper looks improved. 

jemagee

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 08:53:21 PM »
Brands lack of 'jumpability' is worrisome

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 08:54:09 PM »
The Sixers rolled the Suns, 116 -94. Only Iguodala played over 25 min, and was the high scorer with 23 points. Speights had 14 pts. and 10 boards in 17:44. Dalembert was 11 and 10 in 20 min. Young had another good game, 17 pts. 3 bds. 3 assists.

This game was very encouraging and it showed the Sixers learned from their first encounter.  They forced Nash into 5 turnovers, so they actually did play some defense.

It is scary how many pts. the Sixers can score with everyone sharing playing time and shots. They outrebounded the Suns, out assisted them and gave up fewer possessions. Best win of the season so far, but we have no idea how the Suns will measure up.

Didn't see it, just reconstructing from the play-by-play but it seemed like the Sixers were really on their game.

There is a great video recap on NBA.com. They look even better than I imagined. A real butt kicking.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 10:33:44 PM by rickortreat »