Author Topic: Sixers Vs. Suns - 10/16  (Read 2603 times)

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
Sixers Vs. Suns - 10/16
« on: October 16, 2009, 06:46:35 PM »
We're playing Phoenix tonight in their house.  They don't play a whole lot of defense, and they have some guys that we won't be able to defend.  Hopefully Holiday, Speights, and Smith get extended minutes tonight.  Frankly, that's all I'd like to see.  Tip off is at 10pm.  If anyone can find a stream it would be great if you could share the love. 

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sixers Vs. Suns - 10/16
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 07:13:15 PM »
If it will be anywhere it will be on Justin.tv   ***BUT*** Be careful to only click on the links that you see under the sports section and not any that appear on the chat screen. There are hacker types that place links there. Clinking on them can result in a virus or a trojan prgram being downloaded to your system. Make sure you have anti-virus software and up-to-date definition files.

I use avast which is free, I clicked on a link and it warned me about it. I tried to close down my browser window and could not, even through the program manager. I disconnected my broadband link and shut down my pc. I avoided the problem, but it's a very annoying thing to have to do.  Some sites are rife with jerks.

jemagee

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 07:13:59 PM »
So many things to worry about with this team right now...shame it's not even on NBA TV

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 10:15:14 PM »
Well, Holiday got 11 minutes in the 1st half and turned in 7 points on 3-5 shooting along with 3 assists, 2 rebounds, and 0 turnovers.  Nothing spectacular, but more than what Ivey produces. 

Speights with 15, 4, and 2 blocks in 13 minutes so far. 

Smith turned in 9 points in under 8 minutes. 

Iguodala and Brand are shooting horribly (0-10), and it appears from the box score that these guys have been keeping them in the game. 

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 11:50:30 PM »
Oh well... the young guys got extended run and produced. Had our starters actually showed up, we most likely would have won this one.

Jrue gets 30 mins and turns in 14, 7, and 6 on 5-9 shooting. Not bad.

Speights exploded for 32, 12, and 2 blocks off the bench. He always does well against Phoenix.

Smith with a decent showing - 11 and 8 in 22 mins. It's better.

Lou dropping 27 is nice, albeit against their scrubs... seemed like Dickau was guarding him from looking at the box score so I don't want to read too much into it. 2 assists and 3 turnovers... 1-7 from 3...

We were getting killed going into the 4th... at least these guys put something together and made a game out of it. Them getting the playing time is much more important to me than the outcome.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 08:42:05 AM »
I agree that getting the younger players time on the floor is more important that the win, but Iguodala didn't play at all in the 2nd half, and I'm not sure what that was about.  Ivery and Green are a real problem, the prospect of going into the season with those two as the backup guards is bothersome.  Maybe Holiday can squeeze one of them out before too long, they are so bad, with the turnovers and fouls (based on my reading of the play-by-play text) that it doesn't seem like such a stretch to think that can happen.

Smith had a decent support role game, Speights and Williams were very good. It is hard to criticize Lou for having few assists without seeing who he was on the floor with. No matter how good the pass is, you don't get an assist when the player you pass to misses.

It is becoming more frustrating to be unable to see the team play at this point. It would be nice to see if they're making any progress. Eddie is still experimenting with line-ups and giving different players PT. Who is Bowman? Whoever he was he got 7:30 worth of time. For someone who wasn't even on the roster that's kind of a surprise.

The teams get a rematch on Sunday. Maybe Eddie was using this game as motivation for Dalembert and Iguodala, who didn't play in the 2nd half. Encouraging that the Sixers were able to come back and actually gain the lead before finally losing. A 41 point fourth quarter is still good even if it was against the Suns.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 10:53:38 AM »
http://www.nba.com/sixers/video/2009/10/16/0010900069_phi_phx_1h.nba/index.html

Some real nice back to back highlights from Jrue at the :35 mark.  A nice touch pass in transition to a trailing Speights for the and one, followed by a beautiful change of pace move where he attacked the basket and jumped right through Barbosa and Fryre for the tough layup.