Author Topic: Sixers Vs. Knicks 10/13/09  (Read 7995 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sixers Vs. Knicks 10/13/09
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2009, 10:20:12 PM »
It looks like Robinson isn't even starting for the Knicks. 

Lou was +19 for the game against the Knicks, had 14 pts. 6 bds. 4 assists. only 1 turnover and one steal. He did shoot poorly only 3-12 all in 28 min.

Robinson had 15 pts. 2bds. and 4 assists, 4 turnovers and 3 steals. He shot 5-13 including 0 for 5 from the 3 point line in 20 min. Nate was +5 for the game.

At least in that game, Lou was the better player. 4 dimes isn't great but the team is learning a new offense. Only 1 turnover is pretty good too. Based on +/- stats he was the best player on the floor.

Ok, it's one preseason game, and Lou is somewhat unproven as a starter, but he has been a solid player and contributor for the Sixers. So far through the preseason he has demonstrated that he is a better player than Willie, although Mr. Green has been out with the flu.

Considering the competition, the jury may still be out on how good Lou will be as a starter, but really he has been the Sixers point guard at the end of games since last season. The only real concern is, can he do well as a starter playing all those minutes.  I think Lou is a very good player and it won't be long before all the doubters concerns about his abilities are put to rest.

Offline RickyPryor

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2009, 05:58:44 AM »
It looks like Robinson isn't even starting for the Knicks. 

Ironic, in that Lou shouldn't be starting for the Sixers.   ;)

But to try to compare the two - based on one preseason game - is, well, (I'll be nice) shortsighted.  You said one was a better player.  Quite a bit goes into that.  The least of which is a solitary preseason game. 

Lou's shooting the other night hardly made him "clearly" the better player.  It made him...how shall I say...a sucky shooter.  Nate had more points, the same number of assists and three times the steals (in far less minutes).  No one was "clearly" anything that night.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2009, 09:40:14 AM »
Regardless of who's better, I wouldn't want Nate anywhere near this team. 

jemagee

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2009, 09:44:43 AM »
Oh - that's the debate I've been missing?  Nate Robinson?  The circus side show?  Cool

Offline RickyPryor

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2009, 11:44:38 AM »
I was just pointing out that Lou is not "clearly a better player" than Nate.  Unfortunate for us.  Wish he were...and I assume Lou has the potential to get better...but at the moment I'm nowhere near as impressed by Lou as most everyone else here.  He can't shoot, defend or distribute well enough for my taste.

But he does all the other things really great.