Author Topic: General Phillies Playoff Discussion  (Read 1288 times)

jemagee

General Phillies Playoff Discussion
« on: October 10, 2009, 02:39:55 PM »
Thought I'd start a more general thread for thoughts on the phils and playoffs for the folks here (and if you are looking for a good phillies blog, check out thegoodphight.com)

Game 3 of the Phils/Rockies series has already been postponed due to craptastic weather that even for Denver seems a little early...(when I went to UW Madison the 'earliest' snowfall of any type was in the 2nd half of October, but so bad we had a snow day - and played some awesome snow football)

Due to the push back, the scheduled starter for Game 3 has been switched from Pedro Martinez to JA Happ (when will the idiots at ESPN learn to pronounce JA, they've had all season...)...this is probably a slightly better move as the Rockies struggle more against lefties than righties in general this season.

Also due to the push back, Cliff Lee will be available to start game 4 as Monday would be his 'normal' start, which means Pedro and Blanton still available for a couple innings in game 3 if needed (most likely). 

The Phillies are the only home team not up 2-0 but I"m hoping the Cardinals don't crap the bed totally and at least push the series to a game 4 so the Dodgers don't get too much time to rest.

I still feel very confident that the phillies can win this series, with or without the snow delay I was confident, I'm now more so because Lee can go in Game 4 instead of a potential game 5 and because Charlie Manuel is now starting the 'right' guy.

One note - due to the birth of his son (Caleb), Cole Hamels did not travel to Colorado with the team.  I have no idea if he'll do his 'between start' throwing because he would be the starter for a game 5.