Author Topic: Is this desperation time for the Sixers?  (Read 1347 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Is this desperation time for the Sixers?
« on: April 08, 2009, 10:05:58 PM »
Loosing these last 2 games hasn't hurt as much since Miami has also been loosing. But we're running out of games and tomorrow in Chicago and Sunday in Toronto are the last games the Sixers will be favored in.

I bring this up, because I wonder how far away Thad Young is from coming back, and just how badly we need the 5 spot.

I think that we can't afford a first round series with Boston or Orlando. If we can play a series against Atlanta first, that will give the team time to get into the playoff mode of basketball and help to prepare them for the next round.

Thad's ability to score and add another threat to the line-up makes him very valuable to the team. Without him the team is struggling a bit. Dileo is being so obstinate about using Speights that I think he should be fired. I would be running plays for him specifically to initiate the offense, the way the rest of them are playing.  Our drivers need a target at the rim to throw to if they get blocked.

Would you try to get Young back in before the playoffs to help you win one of the last games against Boston or Cleveland?  Or would you just let the Sixers slide into the 6th seed and face an elite team straight away?

Offline Skates

• View Profile
Re: Is this desperation time for the Sixers?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 09:32:55 AM »
I would love the 5 spot, but only so that they can get more playoff experience and maybe some success.  if they get to the second round they are losing there anyway.  I just want to see them finish strong.  I will be at tomorrow's Cleveland game.  My perfect 4-0 record this season will be sorely tested this time.