Author Topic: Laker game  (Read 5655 times)

Offline RickyPryor

• View Profile
Re: Laker game
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2009, 09:51:07 AM »
(for example, even though he was called for a foul on Gasol late, I thought his strength and positioning were decent),

To be honest, I thought those things were quite impressive; far more than decent.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2009, 09:53:29 AM »

Speights was +7 in 5 minutes last night.  He must have been doing something right, no?

Awfully small sample size.

Who was in with him during those minutes?

I think that was when Lou was single handedly destroying the Lakers.  He looked like the second coming of Kevin Johnson out there for about a 7 minute stretch in the 2nd quarter.  

It did not make the highlights, but its worth watching the rebroadcast tonight to see that stretch.  The best Lou I have ever seen (I think he had multiple steals, drives, shots assists and even a block in a short spurt.)

Offline RickyPryor

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2009, 10:04:29 AM »

I think that was when Lou was single handedly destroying the Lakers.  He looked like the second coming of Kevin Johnson out there for about a 7 minute stretch in the 2nd quarter.  

That's what I thought.  Speights didn't effect the game in a good way, or a bad way, when he was in.  Lou took over.  He was beyond aggressive...and was among the top 2-3 reasons we won the game.

By the way...I believe Speights will get his minutes tonight.  We'll need fresh energy after that draining game last night PLUS he kicked ass last time these teams played, about a month ago.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2009, 04:33:16 PM »
- I didn't say (or, didn't mean to) that Donyell was out there too long.  I do think the Evans/Donyell combination was out there too long.  I think Reggie should have left the game earlier than he did.
- I don't necessarily think Speights was the right guy last night.  I would have actually liked to have seen more Dalembert and Young towards the end of the game.

Offline bebopdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2009, 07:22:53 PM »
Derek:

I think I would like to see some Miller/Iggy/Thad/Donyell/Sammy...

Obviously we can't play that line-up for 20 minutes a game...

Or could we?

Hmmm....