Author Topic: 3/13 - Final game at Spectrum vs. Chicago  (Read 2966 times)

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
3/13 - Final game at Spectrum vs. Chicago
« on: March 12, 2009, 12:58:46 PM »
Will anyone besides myself be in attendance for this one?  Just an FYI, I believe Stub Hub still has some upper level tix available that are reasonably priced. 

As for the game itself, Chicago won't be an easy win if they're on, but they've also displayed a few chemistry issues since the trade.  It's a tough one to predict considering both teams are wildly inconsistent at the moment.  I just hope we show up for this one. 

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Re: 3/13 - Final game at Spectrum vs. Chicago
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 03:10:00 PM »
Yeah, I've got a few tickets to the game.  Of course, I didn't get them at $19.67, because I'm a season ticket holder and got the "opportunity" of getting the tickets before going on sale to the public (and before the discount).

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 08:00:47 PM »
Well at least you can rest easy knowing they appreciate your business  8)

I enjoyed your article on Realgm by the way.  Very well put. 

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 08:52:54 PM »
Hah.  Thanks.  I didn't know anyone actually read those.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 10:14:07 PM »
Nice win for the Sixers, but too close a game against a team like Chicago.  I was very unhappy that they worked so hard in the third quarter and earned a lead, only to see it lost in the 4th as Chicago made a run to get back in it from 13 down.

Still it was nice to see the Sixers close out a team that was fighting them down the stretch.  They made key stops, and Iguodala and Miller both stepped up and made plays.  If only they made their free-throws, the end wouldn't have been so exciting.

Thad Young has kicked it up another notch. Since their little 4-day break his shot has been significantly more accurate and he is a legitimate outside shooting threat. He has now added that to his rim game, and has become the piece the Sixers needed to become a better team. 

I'm concerned that they are continuing to play him at the 4 spot, simply because he is not a competitive rebounder, and the Sixers give up too many interior shots and defensive rebounds with him at the 4. For a while they had Speights, Evans and Young in, and I thought that they could be a good combination, with the right guards. Dalembert, Young and Speights is also a good lineup along with Miller and Iguodala. In the playoffs they're going to need a lineup like that to be competitive, so they had better start working on it.  The 2nd team with Lou Williams at the point needs a lot of work. They should be running specific plays to keep Lou getting his teamates involved as well as getting to the basket.

The next game against Miami is critical, it's important for the Sixers to build some momentum and confidence before heading out West, and a win would really help the team.

So many memories at the Spectrum. No Billy C?

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 11:19:41 AM »
Nice game.  LOVED that play at the end where Iguodala closed out on Gordon and blocked the 3 attempt.  Gotta hand it to Sammy for holding it down on that final drive as well.  It was a good way to witness the finale of the Spectrum. 

That being said, we cannot continue to put Ivey and Evans on the floor together on the same time.  Nothing good ever comes out of that combo. 

Thad goes for consecutive career highs on our little 2 game streak.  He's in a nice comfort zone right now in both his inside and outside game which hasn't made him an easy cover.  Iguodala, Miller, Sam, and Speights also turned in nice games.  Lou, Willie, Evans and Ivey all looked awful. 

For those who were at the game, does anyone know what the deal was with the fans behind Chicago's bench and Brad Miller?  It didn't start until he exited the game for the first time in the 1st half and the it seemed like it got personal... they boo'd him every chance they got.... it was rather humorous. 

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 07:02:18 PM »
I still hold out hope that unstoppable scoring nights like the last 2 will become the norm for Thad in a couple of years.  Maybe the same for Speights too.

That's about all that is of interest for this team.  We know that Sam can play a few good games here or there and that the team will be inconsistent.  Hopefully they can enter the playoffs on an upswing, because the team is dangerous when they are hot. 

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009, 07:54:18 PM »
Oh, I have no doubt that Thad will be a 20 ppg scorer.  None.

It did seem like they were playing keep-away from him in the 4th, which was odd.

Ivey seemed to think he can drive in the lane and create.  I just hope that whatever got into him yesterday is gone.

Lou Will was horrible.

I love the spectrum.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2009, 10:03:03 PM »
I must have way overrated Lou.  This season he has been brutal.  He flat out kills them half the time he is on the floor.  Lou has gifts, but he is a long way from being even a serviceable back-up PG.  Not to mention he can't shoot.

Sure can handle the ball and get into the lane- but at this stage that talent is wasted.  Sort of like CP3 without the ability to pass.  I hate all those damn jump passes.

Offline Welfare Fraud

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2009, 05:10:45 AM »
It did seem like they were playing keep-away from him in the 4th, which was odd.
This is the something that has annoyed me more than anything else over the past couple of seasons... the coaching staff's unwillingness to stay with the hot hand... and it's usually Thad  >:(

Mo did it all the time. I was hoping DiLeo would be able to recognize the hot hand and tell the rest of the team "give him the ball" but he's no different.