Author Topic: Brand: Buyers remorse?  (Read 14478 times)

Offline Skates

• View Profile
Re: Brand: Buyers remorse?
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2009, 10:15:46 AM »
I have not had trouble finding this place, but every time I log back in it seems that I have to enter myy screen name and password lately.  Anyone have a fix, I think it started about the time D-bods made some updates to the site.  I have no trouble posting, just staying logged in.

check your bookmarks.  If you're going to forums.phillyarena.net, that could be the reason.  Change them to forums.phillyarena.com

Thanks.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2009, 10:29:59 AM »
Sixerfan posted an update earlier saying we turned down an offer from Golden State which would have sent Miller and Rush to GS in exchange for Maggette and Marcus Williams. 

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2009, 10:51:32 AM »
Sixerfan posted an update earlier saying we turned down an offer from Golden State which would have sent Miller and Rush to GS in exchange for Maggette and Marcus Williams. 

Good.  The last thing we need is a long term commitment to a guy like Maggette who plays a position where we are already strong and a PG who is beyond useless at this point in his career.

Offline bebopdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2009, 10:54:48 AM »
tk:

With the salary cap and lux tax threshhold both going down this offseason, my only point is that it is not outside the realm of possibility that they try to sell us on letting Miller walk as "focusing on the future"...

Let's be fair - the attendance has been BRUTAL.  At least most of the lux tax payers have had decent attendance numbers to offset that tax...and that sure ain't happening at the Wachovia Center.

To be clear, I absolutely PRAY that I am wrong.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2009, 11:08:27 AM »
I agree with you.  But I also can't blame Comcast for not being willing to go over the tax for THIS team.  I don't think they are only an MLE signing away (even AI.)

On the other hand, I will be frustrated if Miller walks, because that would have meant not trading him was just a short term attempt to get a few more wins this year.

Offline bebopdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2009, 11:22:47 AM »
tk:

They may just take a tip from MLB and see where FA shakes out this summer...with the tough economic environment and 2010 looming, they may hope that they can push down salaries for the majority of the FA's out there...which is why there will definitely not be any extension announcement for Miller by Thursday.  And, given how MLB's FA period turned out, I don't blame them.

Offline sixers610

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2009, 07:12:10 PM »
The Sixers are not cheap.  They don't ignore finances; I doubt they go over the tax unless they think it propels them to contender status, and they make minor moves to save cash (like selling a late 1st.)  But overall they have made huge financial investments for this team (like when AI and CWebb were both making 20M+.) 

Cheapness has not held them back, they just haven't made the made basketball decisions.

Unemployment wasn't above 7% at the time and GDP wasn't negative either. I think these are tough times for fans and the salary dumps throughout the league are showing that.

By the way, Geiger is remiding me why I dislike RealGM.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2009, 08:39:40 PM »
We thought about inviting him over here, but to much pompousness between the good points.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2009, 04:02:20 PM »
A year later.
Sixers, buyers remorse?

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2009, 05:11:48 PM »
I mean, I don't think anyone is happy with 10 and 6 when he keep saying he's healthy.  I didn't think he would play at a high level with any consistency before January.... its just going to take some time for him to find his timing and establish a comfort level.  That said, I can't deny that he looks like a shadow of his former self.  I don't think anyone is happy considering how hefty and lengthy his contract is. 

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2009, 11:22:15 AM »
I'm not going to cry about a player who puts up 10 and 6 in 20 min. Instead, I would think about firing the coach.  It drives me nuts when Eddie justifies his decisions based on feel.  So far nothing he has done has produced success, so I have no faith in his "feel". I think his decisions are causing us to lose games.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2009, 06:21:56 PM »
Yeah... considering that he's getting paid 80 million and doesn't play, you can say I've got a giant case of buyer's remorse.