Author Topic: Brand: Buyers remorse?  (Read 14477 times)

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Re: Brand: Buyers remorse?
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2009, 06:03:37 PM »
Guys, we're talking ELTON FREAKIN' BRAND!  The very fact that this guy is playing basketball at all is pretty darn close to miraculous, because pretty much any time you tear your Achilles, like he did, you're pretty much done as a player.

Brand came back from that, played good basketball, posted good numbers.  Compared to that, this injury is nearly meaningless!

Getting Brand was a STEAL by Philadelphia, and will continue to be a steal.  He's not incredibly old, a solid defender, a good rebounder, and until he came to Philly, he was as consistent as the day is long.

Give Brand the time to heal and to acclimate, and he'll be a STEAL.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2009, 06:56:44 PM »
Guys, we're talking ELTON FREAKIN' BRAND!  The very fact that this guy is playing basketball at all is pretty darn close to miraculous, because pretty much any time you tear your Achilles, like he did, you're pretty much done as a player.

Brand came back from that, played good basketball, posted good numbers.  Compared to that, this injury is nearly meaningless!

Getting Brand was a STEAL by Philadelphia, and will continue to be a steal.  He's not incredibly old, a solid defender, a good rebounder, and until he came to Philly, he was as consistent as the day is long.

Give Brand the time to heal and to acclimate, and he'll be a STEAL.

Exactly.  Sixers fans never saw Elton really put it together with the team, injuries, Cheeks and all, but I have no concerns whatsoever about Elton being able to help the Sixers.  He's a 20 pt 10 rebound Power Forward.

I think the Sixers have enough talent without Brand to make a serious run this season.  If and when Brand comes back, it will make them that much harder to beat.  It's hard to outscore a team with seven players capable of scoring 20 in a game.  They are already a good rebounding team, but Brand never hurt them there.  They are a good running team, and prior to going out for the season I saw Brand running on the fast break with them. In the half-court they were lousy last season.  This season, since DiLeo they've been getting better and better at scoring on a set defense.  Now that they have discovered Speights and Young, there's no turning back. There's your end of the game front court. Dalembert to block shots and rebound, and the two barely legal young men to score and rebound and run the floor. You mix in all-around great Andre Iguodala, and Williams or Miller and there aren't too many teams that will be able to stay with them at the end of games.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2009, 11:16:48 AM »
What do you guys attribute the Sixer record with/without Brand.

Could we get the stats both for Mobert era and DiLeo era?

Offline bebopdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2009, 11:38:58 AM »
I attribute it to DiLeo being a better coach for this team.  Better substitution rotations.  Allowing the young guys to just PLAY.  The "green light".  All of that.

And, by the way, heckuva win in Houston last month with DiLeo AND Brand...yes?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2009, 11:46:54 AM »
But in the Delio era isnt the without Brand much better then the WithBrand record?

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2009, 12:17:07 PM »
As far as Brand is concerned, I don't think it matters Mo vs. Dileo.  I think we just hafta give him a clean slate next year and hope he has the impact, further removed from Achilles surgery and reportedly all the way back from shoulder surgery (6 months puts him at full recovery in August, well before the season starts), that we expected him to have this year.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2009, 02:00:56 PM »
We'll see how we do in the playoffs this year.  I'm sure those who are saying we should trade Brand will be the same ones wishing he was healthy when our running game comes to a halt in a 7 game series. 

Offline bebopdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2009, 05:00:19 PM »
Amen, ankle...

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2009, 07:25:21 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090212

Calls Brand's contract the 2nd worse in the NBA (only behind Arenas.)  Worse than Curry?  Ouch.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2009, 08:31:17 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090212

Calls Brand's contract the 2nd worse in the NBA (only behind Arenas.)  Worse than Curry?  Ouch.

Yeah, his value column this year was fucking awful.  I disagreed with most of his rankings both for best and worst.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2009, 04:02:08 PM »
A Celtics fan who was also a transplanted LAC fan doesn't like Brand, big surprise there.  Simmons is funny, when it comes to actual analysis he is a bit of a douche.

Offline sixers610

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2009, 10:37:12 PM »
Hi gang.. was getting a little tired of RealGM so I am here with what appears to be the people I like from RealGM.

As for Brand, no remorse. Look at how he played before the shoulder injury. Some pretty good games, and he was getting it together. I am not worried. It is still a no brainer, regardless of how well Speights plays.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2009, 09:04:46 AM »
Hey 610.  Its been a bit slow over here, but it will pick up again when realgm starts getting filled with troll posts (sendem style.) 

This board is usually more reasonable, and draw from posters from realgm and philafans.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2009, 11:42:59 AM »
when was the last time TGP made an appearance here? 

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2009, 01:25:26 PM »
I think he is trying to be loyal to realgm and make it better as a mod.  Still don't know why he stopped posting here.