Author Topic: Sixers vs. Bobcats 1/9/09  (Read 2796 times)

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
Sixers vs. Bobcats 1/9/09
« on: January 09, 2009, 12:04:52 PM »
I have a feeling we take this one.  Hopefully they play like they have every intention of evening the series.  A 3 game win streak would be a nice birthday present. 

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
Re: Sixers vs. Bobcats 1/9/09
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 12:25:20 PM »
In case they lose, her's your birthday gift: (safe) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 12:36:44 PM »
how did I know I was about to get rick roll'd?

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 12:42:29 PM »
Because we are not allowed to put anything more objectionable on this board 8)

This one is pretty good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCg91iguI6k&feature=related

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 08:24:38 PM »
Interesting chess-match going on in the first half between Larry and Tony.  Sixers finally found a group that had a definite advantage over Charlotte, but are still trailing by a bucket.

I expect the Sixers to win this one, the Bobcats try to do a lot of what the Sixers do, but have inferior players.  They are playing smarter than the Sixers, however.  Dileo was trying to reward Sammy, and they tried to give him the ball several times, but most have resulted in turnovers.  I do blame Lou Williams for the one where he faked Sammy out, and I blame Royal Ivey for his turnover passing to Speights.

Sixers were trying to be a little too cute when they haven't played together long enough to know each other's tendencies.  You don't pass to a big man outside, there's no point to it!  I don't care how good their outside shot is, it will never be as good as a layup.

A little disapointed that Speights got pulled after he scored his first bucket, but I understand DiLeo's motives.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 08:52:00 PM »
Sixers put the hammer down in the third running out to a nine pt. lead. Forced lots of turnovers, and were looking to get Thad Young the ball for EASY buckets.  Sam stayed out of foul trouble for most of the game and still has only 3 at the end of the third.  This is more like I was hoping for out of this game.  They should own the Bobcats.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 10:58:37 AM »
For all of Sixers center Samuel Dalembert's struggles on the offensive end, he contributed nine rebounds and four blocks, leading Bobcats coach Larry Brown to say, "I told our guys that I'd take his 4.6 rebounds and four blocked shots every night, because I did think that he impacted the game more than anyone on the court" . . .

I'd love to see LB make a move for Sam-who actually played well on the boards and defense last night.  I think he has an injured finger, but his offense, and inability to catch a pass, was bad last night even by Sam's standards.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 11:34:49 AM »
For all of Sixers center Samuel Dalembert's struggles on the offensive end, he contributed nine rebounds and four blocks, leading Bobcats coach Larry Brown to say, "I told our guys that I'd take his 4.6 rebounds and four blocked shots every night, because I did think that he impacted the game more than anyone on the court" . . .

I'd love to see LB make a move for Sam-who actually played well on the boards and defense last night.  I think he has an injured finger, but his offense, and inability to catch a pass, was bad last night even by Sam's standards.

I saw that quote and thought the same thing.  I did not get to see last night's game and I understand that Dalembert blocked some shots in their pressure defense mode, but was he the guy guarding Okafor when he scored all of his points.  Sammy's help D has always been fine, but guarding his own man is usually a different story.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 12:03:13 PM »
3 game win streak was a nice birthday present

My buddy came out of left field and got me lower level tix to the game vs. the suns on feb. 9th.... all in all good day to be a sixer fan.