Author Topic: new year, same jem  (Read 2036 times)

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
new year, same jem
« on: January 01, 2009, 01:27:19 AM »
he's gone.

Officially the first (and only) banned user here.

I'm going to close this as I'm not looking for an argument/debate about his merits as a poster.  Having known jem (on the internet) for over 5 years, I don't really need a group decision.

I was hoping that jem would be different here, away from the kiddie atmosphere of RealGM and in a place with a limited # of people who he could build a rapport with.  He wasn't.  In the end, he didn't do anything overtly to get banned (just another dig at how "stupid" others opinions were), but his future on the board was something that has come up numerous times in the past.

Virtually every single one of jem's posts were confrontational.  Life's too short to deal with that bs.

What I am going to do is reiterate what this place is for.  I don't want to (and don't plan to) ban anyone.  Ever.  Ideally, this place is a place where friends come to discuss basketball. 

You shouldn't be here looking for confrontation.  You shouldn't be here to prove intellectual superiority.  You shouldn't be here to get under peoples skin.  If you are, please leave.  If you're not, and you're just here to discuss a little basketball, then we welcome you with open arms.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 01:30:16 AM by Derek Bodner »